onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

May on the way??

Jacko51

Advert

The selling of the gold was a mistake. No question. Hardly a massive deal.

Brown was prescient enough to keep us out of the Euro when the overwhelming political consensus was to join. If it wasn't for Brown, you eurosceptics would probably have never reached a point where Brexit was a distinct responsibility.

As stated, Brown as a flawed man who made mistakes, as all people do. However, he was a pretty good Chancellor and a man who seemingly was not in politics for his own financial gain.

As he sold it at the market bottom it was a massively bad deal.

If he wasn't in politics for his own financial gain I assume he never claimed expenses, refused any pay rises and worked for free, never went anywhere that cost the public purse any money, wrote any memoirs for payment etc....... he must be one of those rich gits people seem to condemn.

I was never a huge fan of Gordon Brown, but history will judge him more kindly as the months and years roll on.

If you had to rank all the Prime Ministers in order, then Brown would have moved two places up the table during the last decade.

Cameron and May started below him so it's highly unlikely he will go up the list..... the only way is down.

I think every PM leaves office with a worse reputation that when they began.

They all look ten years older too! It's got to be a hell of a job.

Atlee was reckoned to have run out of steam and past it. Churchill too, who was generally regarded as a poor PM but a very great wartime leader.

Macmillan, you've never had it so good, ran into economic problems, as did Wilson, Heath and of course famously of all, Callaghan.

Thatcher's status was in tatters at the end and Major's incompetence questioned.

Blair, another triple election winner, went off track and into Iraq.

Brown could have done a lot better but ran into the brick wall of the global recession.

Cameron will forever be remembered for letting the Brexit genie out of the box.

And May for continued austerity, incompetence and splitting her party.

We perhaps need to wait 30-40 years before the history books can be fairly written.

But whoever does the job it is tremendously difficult.

You forgot to add the following bit where he also said:-

"I'm not putting it on the agenda, I don't want a second referendum - I want to win this one,"

So what did he mean by "unfinished business" if not that he wouldn't accept the result??

What a caring person Hobo is?I suppose he will be happy with his minimum wage when he reaches it.Post seen in Santa’s post.Labour the caring party.BTW my pension was preserved by the fantastic company i worked for who made up the deficit.Unfortunately other companies weren’t able.You see Hobo,I care about people who lost out due to the thief.I think you are now revealing your true colours.

Actually she did have the mandate, the will of the majority of the people and a clear majority in Parliament. She then tossed it away by calling a needless general election and personally running a doomed campaign with the manifesto being written by two people who were not even MPs. The DUP only gained huge influence as a result of her desire to beat up her own party. Subsequent Brexit negotiations then plumbed even lower levels of competence by the PM who is inept

I wasn't denying she had the mandate, rather that she had stabbed the country in the back when it was those groups I mentioned who had prevented Brexit.

What a caring person Hobo is?I suppose he will be happy with his minimum wage when he reaches it.Post seen in Santa’s post.Labour the caring party.BTW my pension was preserved by the fantastic company i worked for who made up the deficit.Unfortunately other companies weren’t able.You see Hobo,I care about people who lost out due to the thief.I think you are now revealing your true colours.

Howjy, I think you haven't understood the principle of ignoring someone.

As he sold it at the market bottom it was a massively bad deal.

If he wasn't in politics for his own financial gain I assume he never claimed expenses, refused any pay rises and worked for free, never went anywhere that cost the public purse any money, wrote any memoirs for payment etc....... he must be one of those rich gits people seem to condemn.

https://gordonandsarahbrown.com/office-of-gordon-sarah-brown/

So what did he mean by "unfinished business" if not that he wouldn't accept the result??

He may have been referring to the propaganda Remain leaflets that Cameron sent out prior to the Referendum which cost £9m of taxpayers money,breaking the normal rules of fair play of our democratic system?

I wasn't denying she had the mandate, rather that she had stabbed the country in the back when it was those groups I mentioned who had prevented Brexit.

With respect yesterday Regal said she had the mandate you replied to say that she did not.

With respect yesterday Regal said she had the mandate you replied to say that she did not.

RB said "She had the mandate, she had the will of the people and she has stabbed us in the back."

I replied, "She didn't actually but the DUP, the ERG, the SNP and the Labour Party did. They were the ones who refused to accept any Brexit deal."

My "she didn't" was a reference to stabbing in the back, not the lack of a mandate. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Archived