onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

May on the way??

Jacko51

I don't see why not.

I could name a number of colleagues I've worked with/for who I hold in very high esteem. True, you get a few bad apples but surely behaving in a mature, thoughtful, sensible manner has to be a pre-requisite for high office.

It was ever thus, but we seem even further away these days from discussing policies in an adult fashion and more concerned with sound bites, cliches and appearances.

I guess the reason why Johnson has not faced a full media grilling as yet is because his "advisers" know he'll put his foot in his mouth if he's let off the leash. But, as evidenced from America, a worryingly large number of voters seem attracted by someone who shoots from the hip, makes it up as he goes along and gives the appearance of an amiable but bumbling people's man.

Advert

I don't see why not.

I could name a number of colleagues I've worked with/for who I hold in very high esteem. True, you get a few bad apples but surely behaving in a mature, thoughtful, sensible manner has to be a pre-requisite for high office.

It was ever thus, but we seem even further away these days from discussing policies in an adult fashion and more concerned with sound bites, cliches and appearances.

I guess the reason why Johnson has not faced a full media grilling as yet is because his "advisers" know he'll put his foot in his mouth if he's let off the leash. But, as evidenced from America, a worryingly large number of voters seem attracted by someone who shoots from the hip, makes it up as he goes along and gives the appearance of an amiable but bumbling people's man.

I think the "people" are sick and tired of the crap they are fed by the establishment.

Can anyone be more establishment than Boris, apart from being born in the US?

He's not as bland..... beige..... as most of the others..... he's just as crap but with a flourish.

Aren't you sick of the whitewashed dribble of the party lines?..... it's mind numbingly boring.... something a little odd, and he's certainly that, sticks out.

I'm not siding with him mate, I think he, and most of the other 600+ who ride into the valley of parliament , is crap.

Can anyone be more establishment than Boris, apart from being born in the US?

I would say Boris is far from Establishment, if he wasn’t so popular May would have sacked him a long time ago. I actually quite like Boris in the fact that he says what he thinks even if it is close to the bone and ridiculous some times. I have always thought he should not be PM as he doesn’t come across as professional a lot of the time and he is too close to the Trump mould but looking how he winds up so many on the left side I think he could make a very good PM. One consolation for the Corbyn supporters is that Boris would be the only Conservative leader who might lose an election to a Corbyn ran Labour Party.

He's not as bland..... beige..... as most of the others..... he's just as crap but with a flourish.

Aren't you sick of the whitewashed dribble of the party lines?..... it's mind numbingly boring.... something a little odd, and he's certainly that, sticks out.

I'm not siding with him mate, I think he, and most of the other 600+ who ride into the valley of parliament , is crap.

We need more people like Caroline Lucas in parliament.

The people who claim they are anti establishment are usually the most elite there are. Like Boris, Farage, the rest of the Brexit Party. Hence why the conservative members like Boris. The brexit vote was predominantly voted by middle class conservative voting people from the South.

We need more people like Caroline Lucas in parliament.

The people who claim they are anti establishment are usually the most elite there are. Like Boris, Farage, the rest of the Brexit Party. Hence why the conservative members like Boris. The brexit vote was predominantly voted by middle class conservative voting people from the South.

Corbyn is anti establishment. Is that why certain Labour supporters like him?

I think you will find that pretty well all of England and Wales voted in favour of Brexit outside the major cities, North, South, West and East.

Guest TommyMac
Is anyone else a little concerned that there were actually 9 MPs who thought Esther McVey would make a good Prime Minister?

I'd be more concerned if 9 MP's thought Corbyn would.

Is anyone else a little concerned that there were actually 9 MPs who thought Esther McVey would make a good Prime Minister?

I'm more concerned Boris Johnson topped the first Tory Poll. Lying scoundrel, what does it say for the rest of those in the Tory Leadership race and what does it say about the Tory MP's who voted for him.

Assuming he does become PM, what message/image of the UK does it send to the rest of the world, "We don't care what lies we tell to get our way?" comes to mind.

I think the rest of the globe - bar Putin and Trump (and that should tell you something) - all think we're stark raving talking up a No Deal when we belong to the most successful economic block that exists anywhere in the world.

They can't fathom what we're doing and why we'd want to weaken our economy and our global influence. But we live in strange times when many voters want to give the establishment a kicking and are prepared to go along with anyone who tells them want they want to hear, true or otherwise.

Abroad they're already comparing Johnson to Trump and we are not being shown in a very positive light at all.

Archived