onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

May on the way??

Jacko51

Integrity and Gordon Brown, really? His disloyalty to his Prime Minister, appalling behaviour to staff and cabinet colleagues, his disengagement at cabinet meetings, his visceral attack on the voters who disagreed with him, his lack of moral courage in calling an election, his boast that he abolished boom and bust, his belief in his divine right to be PM without any kind of election at all, none of those things suggest he has an ounce of integrity. His dreadful decisions do not support a claim to high intellect. Theresa May is awful so was Gordon Brown

Advert

Integrity and Gordon Brown, really? His disloyalty to his Prime Minister, appalling behaviour to staff and cabinet colleagues, his disengagement at cabinet meetings, his visceral attack on the voters who disagreed with him, his lack of moral courage in calling an election, his boast that he abolished boom and bust, his belief in his divine right to be PM without any kind of election at all, none of those things suggest he has an ounce of integrity. His dreadful decisions do not support a claim to high intellect. Theresa May is awful so was Gordon Brown

Whilst the pressures of power did result in some angry behaviour, a lot of the people who meet Brown can only speak highly of him.

By visceral attacks on voters, do you mean when he called that bigoted woman a bigot? A silly move, but not one who lacked integrity, as she was a bigot.

Boom and bust was a silly claim but in fairness to him he didn't really have much control over the American subprime mortgage market. He could have insulated us better and been less trusting of the banks, but our economy didn't bust after the boom because of Brown.

His decisions as Chancellor definitely point to a man of high intellect. Independence for the BoE, tax credits, the longest continuous period of uninterrupted growth in history (until ruined by the aforementioned subprime market), record investment in public services (which didn't cause the global financial meltdown. The myth that somehow Gordon Brown caused the global economy to crash as a consequence of spending too much on schools and hospitals needs dispelling pronto), national minimum wage, the human rights act, an involvement in the government which built on work by Major to achieve peace in NI, a vast reduction of child and pensioner poverty by all metrics, record low A&E waiting times... I could go on. I could argue he is our most successful post war chancellor but it probably won't go down very well here. Regardless, apart from the multicultarism argument which doesn't bother me but obsesses some, Britain undoubtedly improved under the tenure of Gordon Brown, unless you've got a fetish for gold.

A flawed, but genuinely decent bloke, in my view. You can't put him on the same level as May.

Can't trust Channel 4 over their lies about Sir Nige I'm afraid. Got any legitimate sources?

RB, if Farage was found leaning over a dead body with a smoking gun in his hand and blood all over him you would claim he'd been wrongly accused and it was a set up.

RB, if Farage was found leaning over a dead body with a smoking gun in his hand and blood all over him you would claim he'd been wrongly accused and it was a set up.

No I'd probably think he was guilty as that would be actual evidence.

If there was no body, no smoking gun, no blood and a watertight alibi for Sir Nige then I probably wouldn't think he had shot someone though.

If selling the gold too cheap is the most damaging line of attack you can come up towards a bloke who spent 13 years at the very top level of politics, with a majority effectively serving as the decision-maker, then it suggests, compared to most top level politicians he didn't do too badly.

Also a factcheck on the pensions claim: https://www.channel4.com/news/articles/business_money/factcheck+did+gordon+destroy+our+pensions/171020.html

He did changes the tax system which harmed pensions but his impact has largely been exaggerated.

Brown made a fair few mistakes but Britain was pretty decent with him as Chancellor. Would have a man of his integrity and intellect, if not his PR abilities, in office tomorrow.

Is this the same Gordon Brown who rejected a referendum on the Treaty of Lisbon in 2007?

Brown's refusal to support a referendum was a complete reversal of Labour's 2005 manifesto pledge to hold a referendum on the European Constitution.

No change there then?

Is any of that true though?

Trump has a history of discriminating against black people? What like ripping apart their families by throwing all the men in jail? Oh no, that was the democrats.

They currently have the lowest rate of black unemployment, wages for black people have increased as has home ownership under Trump. He is starting to win them over.

So that's a lie on the first part of the article with any substance.

I've carried on and I'm 2 lines down and here is the Putin admiration quote taken WAYYYYY out of context. He actually says he doesn't admire him as a human being and he doesn't agree with his politics. He admired his handling of the Syria situation as an operator.

The article is garbage.

Is any of that true though?

Trump has a history of discriminating against black people? What like ripping apart their families by throwing all the men in jail? Oh no, that was the democrats.

They currently have the lowest rate of black unemployment, wages for black people have increased as has home ownership under Trump. He is starting to win them over.

So that's a lie on the first part of the article with any substance.

I've carried on and I'm 2 lines down and here is the Putin admiration quote taken WAYYYYY out of context. He actually says he doesn't admire him as a human being and he doesn't agree with his politics. He admired his handling of the Syria situation as an operator.

The article is garbage.

Of course it is, RB, because it doesn't agree with your view of the sainted Nigel. Have you checked out all the links?

So why try and please everyone?

She had the mandate, she had the will of the people and she has stabbed us in the back.

She didn't actually but the DUP, the ERG, the SNP and the Labour Party did. They were the ones who refused to accept any Brexit deal.

Farage, May 2016: "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way."

Farage,May 2019: “For democracy to work, the loser has to accept the result,”

Hypocrite.

You forgot to add the following bit where he also said:-

"I'm not putting it on the agenda, I don't want a second referendum - I want to win this one,"

May on the way....... is this news?

She has been on the way out for some time, the only reason she's lasted so long , to jezzas frustration, is because the Tories screwed up getting rid of her some time ago..... there was no way she could pull this out of the bag and save herself.

I think brexit will taint politics for quite some time and have a wider reach than just the tories.

When the Tories fall, as they will, someone will inherit the poison chalice, it won't miraculously disappear...... I can't see any manifesto promises putting this jinn back in the bottle.

I must admit, I've found it rather ironic that some Tory MPs have been trying to get the rules changed so they could have a second vote of confidence in May. These are the same folk who talk about a second EU referendum as being against democracy and the will of the people. It seems there is an obvious difference, which escapes me, between the will of the people and the will of the party.

Or the will of the most powerful within a party. Jean, they couldn't give a toss about the 'will of the people'.

Archived