onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

May on the way??

Jacko51

Advert

22 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Anyone seen any of the recent leadership debates? Johnson v Andrew Neil was excruciating. I can't believe that tory membership are seriously going to vote this guy in to number ten.

Haven't we suffered enough with the panorama programme? 

Unless you are a party member there is little that can be done..... until a general election.

5 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Why mention... the Panorama programme... in response to a comment.... about the tory leadership contest... in the tory leadership contest thread? 

It's a reaction to a statement that politicians are crap..... you made the statement..... I reacted

I was suggesting that after watching the car crash panorama I didn't want to watch a car crash buffoon. 

You know my thoughts on politicians....... all of them..... I don't care what colour Posey they wear or what colour flag they wave, which side of the isle they sit...... I don't need things to reinforce my position on politicians.

I take it your post wasn't meant as a private message...... and therefore was open to comment by anyone..... I made a comment..... get over it.

What's the point in having different subjects then? I notice that your thread-derailing posts always pop up when there's a criticism of right wing politicians. Since Wednesday, there have been umpteen posts by the likes of you, FUA and RB all making snide posts about antisemitism and not one single attempt from anyone to use it for anything other than point scoring or as a glib aside. And not one person (apart from one mention by myself), out of all these people so concerned about bigotry and racism regarding Channel 4's programme about Islamophobia n the Conservative Party. Even my attempt to steer the thread back on subject was met with irrelevant comments about Panorama. Be interesting to see if there was a discussion about Labour whether you'd start going on about the faults of the Conservative party. I doubt it very much.

17 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

What's the point in having different subjects then? I notice that your thread-derailing posts always pop up when there's a criticism of right wing politicians. Since Wednesday, there have been umpteen posts by the likes of you, FUA and RB all making snide posts about antisemitism and not one single attempt from anyone to use it for anything other than point scoring or as a glib aside. And not one person (apart from one mention by myself), out of all these people so concerned about bigotry and racism regarding Channel 4's programme about Islamophobia n the Conservative Party. Even my attempt to steer the thread back on subject was met with irrelevant comments about Panorama. Be interesting to see if there was a discussion about Labour whether you'd start going on about the faults of the Conservative party. I doubt it very much.

What...... you and me on the same side?...... whatever next.

I don't need to attack the Tory party, like I've said you do a decent job of that yourself..... you attack the Tories, I do sometimes, and I attack Labour and it covers what I think of politicians.... saves repeats 555.

I am not a member of any party...... anymore.

17 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

The truth is that you like to call opponents racist and have pretty much tried every excuse in the book to avoid discussing the biggest racism story in politics currently - left wing anti semitism. 

You can pretend it's about keeping things on topic all you want but that is rubbish. You are happy to derail threads about racism when it suits you. Hence why you've just mention Islamophobia in the tory party. 

If you are that concerned about staying on topic, why have you not started a new thread? 

The left being guilty of the thing they falsely accuse others of is absolutely hilarious. That's why I keep bringing it up. 

19 hours ago, geosname said:

I didn't..... I simply stated I'm tired of car crash politics.

I think, as Jacko says above, that sums it up admirably. 

It's like being in a parallel universe where primary school children have taken over the classroom and the level of debate and lack of maturity and common sense is staggering.

There's a vacuum at leadership level across the board and very little joined up thinking. 

On 14/07/2019 at 09:29, TheSage said:

I think, as Jacko says above, that sums it up admirably. 

It's like being in a parallel universe where primary school children have taken over the classroom and the level of debate and lack of maturity and common sense is staggering.

There's a vacuum at leadership level across the board and very little joined up thinking. 

A plague on both your houses.

Sadly it's what grabs the news and distracts from the mundane failures.

Leak here, screw up there, balls up here, racism there, throw in a bit of condemnation for effect etc etc etc. 

Meanwhile in the real world, where the people live things are going on no one notices..... and it all slips by in the ether and murky slime of what passes for news and politics.

When will the batman come to save us?...... no not a new leader of the Tory party, buffoon or screw up...... not comrade jezinsky.... someone who can kick the crap, and the crap politicians, out of politics..... please don't suggest the farage balloon, all P and wind, as much use as a fart in a wind tunnel....

May your God help us all..... we need it.

Archived