onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

May on the way??

Jacko51

1 hour ago, Aussie Rules said:

Really RB!

So it's okay for Trump to use Twitter to bad mouth all and sundry, but not okay for an Ambassador to express a concern using internal communications? 

Trump is an ass..... he gets up front with his assery..... the ambassadors statements were in coded communications which were decoded and leaked. I won't defend what either of them said, especially trump but the ambassador wasn't very diplomatic, which is his job.

If he had reported specific details instead of his general opinion I doubt the information would have been leaked, if it had it may have caused an international incident instead of a rebuke by trump.... his oblivion to the possible leak suggests he hasn't noticed all the other leaks that have happened.

The elephant in the room isn't what he said or trumps public reactions..... it's who leaked the information.

Advert

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

He could have used more sensitive language. How can he possibly carry on in his role if the Trump administration wont deal with him?

Yes it is the fault of who ever leaked the messages but that doesn't change the fact that he can no longer fulfil his duties.

The truth hurts.

1 hour ago, geosname said:

Trump is an ass..... he gets up front with his assery..... the ambassadors statements were in coded communications which were decoded and leaked. I won't defend what either of them said, especially trump but the ambassador wasn't very diplomatic, which is his job.

If he had reported specific details instead of his general opinion I doubt the information would have been leaked, if it had it may have caused an international incident instead of a rebuke by trump.... his oblivion to the possible leak suggests he hasn't noticed all the other leaks that have happened.

The elephant in the room isn't what he said or trumps public reactions..... it's who leaked the information.

Interesting. All Government emails required to be kept secure are sent using the Government Secure Internet (GSI) service; I know this from my time in the Prison Service. For the email to have been decoded requires someone with access to GSI which suggests an inside job.

On 09/07/2019 at 13:24, geosname said:

To clarify......

I'm not sure if the problem is with islamaphobia antisemitism or with how it's dealt with and I'm not sure if being anti Israel  is antisemitism and I'm not sure which catagory the alleged perpetrators fall into.

I'm not sure about the credibility of Shami Chakrabati's inquiry into Labour's anti-Semitism and how she managed to become a Baroness because of it?

36 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Interesting. All Government emails required to be kept secure are sent using the Government Secure Internet (GSI) service; I know this from my time in the Prison Service. For the email to have been decoded requires someone with access to GSI which suggests an inside job.

It appears that leaks of this nature are in effect a breach of the Official Secrets Act and could lead to the imprisonment of the perpetrator if found. The Daily Mail clearly knows the source of the leaks.  Puts them in a very difficult position. 

32 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I'm not sure about the credibility of Shami Chakrabati's inquiry into Labour's anti-Semitism and how she managed to become a Baroness because of it?

Most people are sure about her ability and public service over the years that justifies her  position. I would close the place tomorrow but that's another story.

11 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It appears that leaks of this nature are in effect a breach of the Official Secrets Act and could lead to the imprisonment of the perpetrator if found. The Daily Mail clearly knows the source of the leaks.  Puts them in a very difficult position. 

My mistake, it was the Mail on Sunday not the Daily Mail. 

5 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

He could have used more sensitive language. How can he possibly carry on in his role if the Trump administration wont deal with him?

Yes it is the fault of who ever leaked the messages but that doesn't change the fact that he can no longer fulfil his duties.

I wish Trump would use 'more sensitive language'. Maybe next year the good folk of the USA will do us all a favour to deny him a 2nd Term.

In the meantime HM's next Ambassador across the Pond will be walking on eggshells until Twitter Trump has left the Whitehouse. 

17 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

I wish Trump would use 'more sensitive langue'. Maybe next year the good folk of the USA will do us all a favour to deny him a 2nd Term.

In the meantime HM's next Ambassador across the Pond will be walking on eggshells until Twitter Trump has left the Whitehouse. 

Or Bungling Boris has left no. 10..........

4 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

I wish Trump would use 'more sensitive language'. Maybe next year the good folk of the USA will do us all a favour to deny him a 2nd Term.

I think 98% of people outside of the States are hoping Trump does not get re-elected. 

5 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

He could be a bit more sensitive you are right, but that does preclude him from being a successful president. He is arguably far better than Obama who was very media savvy and cultivated a great image for himself, for example.

I honestly think he's unbeatable in the next election due to some of his foreign policy and economy metrics being historically better than they've ever been in history.

4 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

AR, Don't hold your breath, The Democrats are at the moment in disarray, fighting among themselves, blaming Trump for everything and obstructing business in Congress,

Eg, recently Trump authorized $4.5 Billion in humanitarian aid for the Southern Border which the Democrats blocked for approx 3 weeks in Congress because they want open borders (It's now been passed). Also employees at an online furniture retailer walked off the job because $200,000 worth of beds had been supplied to the Southern border apparently in protest at ICE contracts, Ellizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders supported the protest hence supported extra beds not being supplied to detention centers, these people have lost the plot, they will try and block anything Trump tries to do good or bad..

Just now, Paul6754 said:

AR, Don't hold your breath, The Democrats are at the moment in disarray, fighting among themselves, blaming Trump for everything and obstructing business in Congress,

Eg, recently Trump authorized $4.5 Billion in humanitarian aid for the Southern Border which the Democrats blocked for approx 3 weeks in Congress because they want open borders (It's now been passed). Also employees at an online furniture retailer walked off the job because $200,000 worth of beds had been supplied to the Southern border apparently in protest at ICE contracts, Ellizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders supported the protest hence supported extra beds not being supplied to detention centers, these people have lost the plot, they will try and block anything Trump tries to do good or bad..

Also the so called "Future of the Democratic Party", the hard left Democrats, AOC, Ilhan Omar and others, have just called Nancy Pelosi (Democratic Speaker of the House of Representatives) a racist.......well who would have thought it.

14 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

I think the people who voted for him were actually voting against all the divisive, lying, two faced, the list could go on and on, political bullcrap they have lived through for many years.... a bloodless revolution perhaps? 

Now it's gone from one extreme to the other with some of the original mixed in and the visible discomfort of the political class has become somewhat enjoyable to the everyday Joe n Jane. 

If their economy keeps strengthening I don't see an opponent unseating him.... however trumps biggest threat is trump.

Archived