onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

May on the way??

Jacko51

19 minutes ago, TheSage said:

It's amazing when you think that someone like Trump could be elected by the good citizens of the US of A.

But, like here now, the voters seem to have an appetite for extremes and giving mainstream opinion a wide berth.

The ex head of MI6 I think it was said only the other day that there's a breakdown in the political system and both Tory contenders for the crown, along with JC, are not, in his experienced view, of the right calibre to lead the country.

We've had a few "interesting" times in recent political history, from the Profumo Affair, to the Pound in Your Pocket, from the three day week to the Winter of Discontent, from the miners' strike to the Poll Tax, from Black Wednesday to Iraq, and on and on and on, but I don't think I can ever recall such a polarisation in views and an increasing intolerance among voters, along with such abysmal leadership in Parliament. Fascinating for the media but shambolic and embarrassing in so many ways for me.

All created by the Establishment who don't like being told what to do by the majority.

Advert

On 08/07/2019 at 15:14, Regal Beagle said:

Cant access the pdf. 

I've provided plenty of evidence it wasnt a lie. It was refuted years ago and I'd posted on here that it wasnt a lie.

What are your thoughts on the EU link I posted which shows that the figures are actually too small if anything? 

When I worked in local government there was a saying: 'say it long enough, loud enough and often enough and eventually people will start to believe you, now matter how untruthful it is'. A lesson that Leave took to heart and practiced.

32 minutes ago, TheSage said:

It's amazing when you think that someone like Trump could be elected by the good citizens of the US of A.

But, like here now, the voters seem to have an appetite for extremes and giving mainstream opinion a wide berth.

The ex head of MI6 I think it was said only the other day that there's a breakdown in the political system and both Tory contenders for the crown, along with JC, are not, in his experienced view, of the right calibre to lead the country.

We've had a few "interesting" times in recent political history, from the Profumo Affair, to the Pound in Your Pocket, from the three day week to the Winter of Discontent, from the miners' strike to the Poll Tax, from Black Wednesday to Iraq, and on and on and on, but I don't think I can ever recall such a polarisation in views and an increasing intolerance among voters, along with such abysmal leadership in Parliament. Fascinating for the media but shambolic and embarrassing in so many ways for me.

That is what happens when 48% are intolerant of democracy. 

44 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So much for getting our sovereignty back.  Our ambassador is now effectively removed by Trump and the PM will be elected by 160,000 ageing middle class white blokes. 

We should be very proud.

Our ambassador got caught, that was his own doing and he has made his position untenable.

Also all Tory PMs are elected the same way. Not sure what skin colour or age has to do with anything however.

2 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

Aup Fosse, just watching Trump saying Boris is the PM for the UK. What changed Twitter Trump's mind from those earlier days when he thought BoJo was a non-entity? 

Trump loves puppets, anybody with a worse haircut?

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

So much for getting our sovereignty back.  Our ambassador is now effectively removed by Trump and the PM will be elected by 160,000 ageing middle class white blokes. 

We should be very proud.

Doesn't every leader get elected by it's members?

The ambassador is an ass...... we have more leaks than a rusty colander and he writes it down?..... where do we get these people.

If the leader of the country an ambassador is assigned to won't entertain working with him/her they are useless...... we could always retaliate if we feel that strongly about it, we have before, but it's all bluster and distraction.

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

When I worked in local government there was a saying: 'say it long enough, loud enough and often enough and eventually people will start to believe you, now matter how untruthful it is'. A lesson that Leave took to heart and practiced.

It does help when it is actually truthful though.

Remain were the liars. They are still lying now.

7 minutes ago, geosname said:

The ambassador is an ass...... we have more leaks than a rusty colander and he writes it down?..... where do we get these people.

If the leader of the country an ambassador is assigned to won't entertain working with him/her they are useless...... we could always retaliate if we feel that strongly about it, we have before, but it's all bluster and distraction.

I thought Ambassadors were the highest level of diplomat, the US post being the top job, and selected by the UK. It is Trump that is the problem, do we have this sort of thing with Putin? . A diplomat`s job is to feed back the situation to the Govt not what the local chief tells him to.  GCHQ are responsible for comms security at high level. I am sure that most secure phone calls would be recorded also as evidence. 

Archived