onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Kit

Vital Spark

...Isn't this just one of the things that the previous owner simply didn't bother doing because he knew he wouldn't be here next season? To**er.

Previous many owners then.

Many clubs play the last game of the season, in the new kit as a teaser/launch session. Even clubs in League 2 now.

But I have to agree, for the Vale it always seem to come as a major surprise every year, that we need to order the new kit well in advance...

Advert

I have to say on this topic, someone at the club needs an absolute rocket up their.... every single season for as long as I can remember they’ve always got excuses!!! They know from the start of the season we need a new bloody kit for the next one and it’s always late!!! Shops plan for the next Xmas, straight after the current one.... sorry folks no Xmas trees this year Barbara missed our order in January, so we won’t have them until March....

It’s a loads of balls and so frustrating, the club is always so dis-organised in that department, think of the May and June birthdays they are missing out on.... not to mention Father’s Day!!!

They need to get a grip - happy to take it all back if it lands before June 16th!

Are you a full ticket????

Smurthwaite alienated an entire community, his own staff, his own supporters, everything. He knew he was leaving months ago.

The club has been running on empty.

Any other season you’d have a point but right now????? Seriously???? Have you been living in a cave these last few months????

I give up with some Vale supporters, I really do.

The only person that needs to “get a grip” is you. And when you’re disappointed on the 16th June just be thankful that you’ve got a ******* club to support and the new owners can’t work ******* miracles because of what the previous incumbent did.

Worst post I’ve seen in a long time.

I despair.

Are you a full ticket????

Smurthwaite alienated an entire community, his own staff, his own supporters, everything. He knew he was leaving months ago.

The club has been running on empty.

Any other season you’d have a point but right now????? Seriously???? Have you been living in a cave these last few months????

I give up with some Vale supporters, I really do.

The only person that needs to “get a grip” is you. And when you’re disappointed on the 16th June just be thankful that you’ve got a ******* club to support and the new owners can’t work ******* miracles because of what the previous incumbent did.

Worst post I’ve seen in a long time.

I despair.

I thought exactly the same

They can turn out in skins as far as I'm concerned as long as they play well and win a few.

Actually, that's given me an idea - how much would it cost for the club badge to be inked onto everyone's chest? Might cause a problem if they're transferred but not our problem. :smile:

You would imagine Synetics would want to sponsor the front of the shirts?

In terms of a kit deal, I think we would have been still with BLK had they not gone bust?

I believe it was a 3 year originally?

So this situation is more about that than any Smurf antics.

If anyone is thinks of slagging off the club for not having a kit out, when the club was completely and utterly paralysed by threats of insolvency for weeks, then they really need to take a look at themselves.

Carol and Kevin are currently working their way through jobs that should have been done months ago. If we were a more patient fanbase we'd probably give them this season as a free year, the club has been shafted that much. We take away all expectations, allow them to fix things, and then be a bit more expectant, understandably, next year.

Alas. Perfection now. Gimme gimme gimme, I want now.

If anyone is thinks of slagging off the club for not having a kit out, when the club was completely and utterly paralysed by threats of insolvency for weeks, then they really need to take a look at themselves.

Carol and Kevin are currently working their way through jobs that should have been done months ago. If we were a more patient fanbase we'd probably give them this season as a free year, the club has been shafted that much. We take away all expectations, allow them to fix things, and then be a bit more expectant, understandably, next year.

Alas. Perfection now. Gimme gimme gimme, I want now.

I get what you are saying, and while I agree in principal, I think you are being a bit naive.

You can’t expect supporters to ‘take away all expectations’, as why you support anything, is because you want it to do well.

Why would you buy a ticket for anything, if you expect it to be crap? Be it a movie, a play, a concert or a football game.

I know they are playing catch up, on the fat ones lack of care.

But I think the Shanahans know and understand, that kits are big business these days, so they have to be very very high on the ‘to do’ list.

They generate a lot of income, as there are huge profit margins on replica kit!

And with this one, I think they put the pressure on themselves, by putting a date on the release more than once. Thereby setting people up to be disappointed, if they are not out by that date.

I’ve said it many many times; communication is absolute key in the process, of making fans trust the club again after the fat *******!

I have to say on this topic, someone at the club needs an absolute rocket up their.... every single season for as long as I can remember they’ve always got excuses!!! They know from the start of the season we need a new bloody kit for the next one and it’s always late!!!...

Just in case it passed you by there has been a change of ownership? Maybe this was a detail that the new owners couldn't sort in time, and the previous one wouldn't?

Ok...so i posted my reply before I read most of the rest of the drivel! Is happy Clapper supposed to be an insult? Because, if so, it doesn't really work - I'd rather be a Happy Clapper than a miserable and sad old tosser, who has nothing better in his life than trying to **** on optimism!

Archived