onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Forum with new owners

robf

Brilliant meeting, no false promises, the Shannahans love the Vale, the community and the fans. Never have I walked away from a supporters club meeting with a big smile on my face as I did last night, Carol and Kevin are comedy gold, you can see the relationship they have which I am sure, will pass down the ranks. Colin Garlick looks like he has had the shackles removed, smiling at least 3 times, you can see he has already, formed a good relationship with the new owners. Every question/request was met with honesty and integrity, how refreshing that was !! It will be steady as you go but looking forward to the ride !!!

Advert

I'm still fuming about the Hugill money. I wish the club could waive it or accept it in some form that Smurthwaite couldn't get his greedy hands on. the only solace is that when his grandkids and great grandkids look on google to see what their forefather was like, they'll see that Norman was a greedy, malicious, pernicious, inept, adulterous buffoon who endangered not only a football club but the livelihoods of a whole town full of people through a mixture of spite and greed. There's your ******* legacy mate.

I'm still fuming about the Hugill money. I wish the club could waive it or accept it in some form that Smurthwaite couldn't get his greedy hands on.

He's already got it, as the amount of the final Hugill installment (£600k?) was added to what the Shanahans had to pay to buy the fat **** out.

They said last night that we were still due 400k but they would have to forward it to Norman when it arrived in January 2020.

No, the club will get the 400k but Smurthwaite added it on to the price to buy the club

AH, ok. Sure they said differently last night but I believe you. Where did you read/ hear this?

Sentinel :-

Kevin Shanahan added: "In the spirit of being open, what Colin said is absolutely true. When the money comes in, it will come in, but in sorting out the sales and purchase agreement, that £400,000 went straight to Mr S." (Norman Smurthwaite).

We spoke to Kevin after the meeting just to clarify this. He explained that the £400,000 final instalment next January will go to Vale, not to Norman Smurthwaite. However, that £400,000 was reflected in the price the Shanahans have just paid for the club.

I think Carol and Kevin both know if they get it right on the pitch everything else will be easier to deal with

I just hope they get some time like Colin stated last night to put the wrongs right and fans are not hammering then at Xmas if we are not in the play offs

For the first time in years I feel this could be the start of a great period for the club but we all need to be patient

One question .

Do you feel there is any benefit of playing games at Vale park when the ground running costs must be astronomical .

Will you be thinking of a new small stadium in the future as our support is not there not 190000 anyway .

Also were you impressed with the current crop of players who you witnessed the last year regularly if so who would you keep opinion wise and not the managers.

UTV and idliketo applaud you for taking on a major job as really the only way is up we hope and i cannot thank you enough for giving Vale back to the most important folk The Fans

I keep hearing that the running costs for Vale Park must be astronomical. This is a genuine question and not to be confrontational -why must they? Is there really that much structural work being done on a regular basis/needs doing (unfinished stand excepted)? If we were to hypothetically move to a new ground, where would the month by month saving of having a new 10k seater stadium vs vale Park come from? Presumably staffing and running costs would be the sale/similar - possibly saving on electricity etc????

Like I say, not being confrontational, I just hear that running costs at VP are high and I don't understand why!

A bit late for the fan's forum but I'd like to raise the idea of bringing the old badge back.

I know technically the new one is the old one, but I just don't think it looks very good. The badge we had through the 90s and 00s is the Vale badge for me.

It was Smurthwaite who changed it, could be a bit of a statement to change it back.

A bit late for the fan's forum but I'd like to raise the idea of bringing the old badge back.

I know technically the new one is the old one, but I just don't think it looks very good. The badge we had through the 90s and 00s is the Vale badge for me.

It was Smurthwaite who changed it, could be a bit of a statement to change it back.

I completely disagree

I like the new badge and really don’t like the old one.

I think the fans would be very split on this.

Archived