Who was worse?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who was worse?

• Bratt
    • Miller
    • Oliver
    • Deakin
    • Smurthwaite

I'm wondering what the true purpose of this thread is.

Is it to remind us of just how bad things have been? Or is it to warn Carol and Kevin off dealing with any of the above?

If the latter, I'm sure they have minds of their own and can exercise good judgement on how to deal with them should they reemerge.

Advert

Nil paid shares wins the battle of the ******** for me

I do have to say Gungho that that consideration had crossed my mind too.

I, like many others, bought shares to feel part of the club which we all love. I forked out the £500 to be a “full” member, but others I personally know bought literally £1,000’s of pounds worth. Then it emerged that Miller & Deakin had been issued with £100,000 worth (help me out Jacko if I’m wrong) for the princely sum of sweet fanny Adam.

At least on the black humour level it gave us the Sentinel front page headline in bold type of “Miller 0 Deakin 0”

As good as that headline was it has a long way to go to beat The Sun’s when lower league Inverness Caledonian Thistle beat the mighty green half of the Auld Firm in the Scottish Cup.

“Super caley go ballistic Celtic are atrocious”

Brilliant !

I do have to say Gungho that that consideration had crossed my mind too.

I like, many others, bought shares to feel part of the club which we all love. I forked out the £500 to be a “full” member, but others I personally know bought literally £1,000’s of pounds worth. Then it emerged that Miller & Deakin had been issued with £100,000 worth (help me out Jacko if I’m wrong) for the princely sum of sweet fanny Adam.

At least on the black humour level it gave us the Sentinel front page headline in bold type of “Miller 0 Deakin 0”

As good as that headline was it has a long way to go to beat The Sun’s when lower league Inverness Caledonian Thistle beat the mighty green half of the Auld Firm in the Scottish Cup.

“Super caley go ballistic Celtic are atrocious”

Brilliant !

It was 100,000 shares which was £500,000 worth!

I'm wondering what the true purpose of this thread is.

Is it to remind us of just how bad things have been? Or is it to warn Carol and Kevin off dealing with any of the above?

If the latter, I'm sure they have minds of their own and can exercise good judgement on how to deal with them should they reemerge.

Now we can see the light, its really just to remind us of how bad things have been.

I first supported the Vale the last couple years of the Bell era, so all i have ever known is the Vale circus over the last couple of decades. I might even miss the hilarity of it all in one way!

I once saw Oliver outside the New Den before the game.

His trousers were half mast, his hair looked like it hadn’t seen a comb in weeks, his jacket was something akin to Norman Wisdom’s and he was finding it difficult to remain upright.

And he was representing Vale as a visiting director.

Discuss.

I remeber him in the way end at Burton trying to get my brother and myself to buy shares into V2001 whilsts slurping from his hip flask.

• 2 months later...

8 years ago today Bratt saw the writing was on the wall and resigned as chairman.

Didn't he sell his shares to Lloyd and recoup his financial outlay ?

I seem to remember that Lloyd put the word out that he was looking to buy shares. A friend of mine contacted Lloyd to sell him his, but when Lloyd realised my mate “only” had £500 worth, he was not even offered the courtesy of a reply.

Dark days indeed for Vale and fans alike.

On 13/05/2019 at 10:56, AlienTitWrench said:

I remeber him in the way end at Burton trying to get my brother and myself to buy shares into V2001 whilsts slurping from his hip flask.

He spent a lot of time on here trying to get us all to do the same. Glad I didn't now.

Deakin wins for me. Didn’t actually do anything except bill the club for a flash car. 

Smurfwaite was definitely not worse than MOLD. He sold to the right people in the end and simply fell out of love with the club. He still bought the club and got us promoted with some good times too. 

The club has also been left with little real debt and it seems we will recover relatively quickly. 

MOLD just came in and bled the club dry. No work, no effort, simply bandits. 

Bratt? Simply never had the money left, did a good job for a bit but had no business sense or ability to improve the club. 

Archived