52 members have voted

1. 1. Who was worse?

• Bratt
    • Miller
    • Oliver
    • Deakin
    • Smurthwaite

For me it’s a no brainer.

All pictured can make a good case for being the worst, but our recently departed rogue wins hands down for me.

Although it all went horribly wrong for Bratt & Co. I genuinely believe that they initially wanted the club and their tenure to succeed.

Miller could possibly run him close. The way he did a runner leaving Vale one director short of the required four was apprehensible. Deakin, to me, just seemed to go with the illegal flow. But that’s not to excuse his despicable actions.

No, Smurfthwaite for me by several country miles, which considering the others “credentials” is quite some achievement indeed.

Whatever was, was - but I personally would never refer to anyone as indicated in your title.

There's some little scamps, bordering on rapscallions in that list.

I once saw Oliver outside the New Den before the game.

His trousers were half mast, his hair looked like it hadn’t seen a comb in weeks, his jacket was something akin to Norman Wisdom’s and he was finding it difficult to remain upright.

And he was representing Vale as a visiting director.

Discuss.

I'm wondering what the true purpose of this thread is.

Is it to remind us of just how bad things have been? Or is it to warn Carol and Kevin off dealing with any of the above?

If the latter, I'm sure they have minds of their own and can exercise good judgement on how to deal with them should they reemerge.

Edited by Heatwave

Nil paid shares wins the battle of the ******** for me

I do have to say Gungho that that consideration had crossed my mind too.

I, like many others, bought shares to feel part of the club which we all love. I forked out the £500 to be a “full” member, but others I personally know bought literally £1,000’s of pounds worth. Then it emerged that Miller & Deakin had been issued with £100,000 worth (help me out Jacko if I’m wrong) for the princely sum of sweet fanny Adam.

At least on the black humour level it gave us the Sentinel front page headline in bold type of “Miller 0 Deakin 0”

As good as that headline was it has a long way to go to beat The Sun’s when lower league Inverness Caledonian Thistle beat the mighty green half of the Auld Firm in the Scottish Cup.

“Super caley go ballistic Celtic are atrocious”

Brilliant !

Edited by RailwayRowdy

I do have to say Gungho that that consideration had crossed my mind too.

I like, many others, bought shares to feel part of the club which we all love. I forked out the £500 to be a “full” member, but others I personally know bought literally £1,000’s of pounds worth. Then it emerged that Miller & Deakin had been issued with £100,000 worth (help me out Jacko if I’m wrong) for the princely sum of sweet fanny Adam.

At least on the black humour level it gave us the Sentinel front page headline in bold type of “Miller 0 Deakin 0”

As good as that headline was it has a long way to go to beat The Sun’s when lower league Inverness Caledonian Thistle beat the mighty green half of the Auld Firm in the Scottish Cup.

“Super caley go ballistic Celtic are atrocious”

Brilliant !

It was 100,000 shares which was £500,000 worth!