Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
robf

2019 Cricket - World Cup, Ashes, Pakistan ODI series etc

Wow what a final.  I think we got a tad lucky on the day, but England have deserved it for being the best side consistently in 50 over cricket since the last world cup. 

Obviously it isn't decided on that and sometimes the best side doesn't always win a major tournament that their talent deserves, abd the shorter formats of cricket (world cups wise) are often decided on who is the best side on a given day, especially once you get to the knockout stages, despite us winning the majority of bilateral ODI series over the last few years, so 4 years of being the best can go out of the window in one crappy performance in the semis or final, so nice for a bit of justice in that respect. 

I don't often feel sorry for the opposition when they lose but New Zealand must be gutted if you take that game in complete solitude the sides couldn't be split based on the tried and tested rules of cricket so a harsh way to lose.

Stokes was outstanding and fully vindicated himself of the last over disaster in the T20 final a couple of years ago. It would have been the icing on the cake had he actually got the winning run in normal play so to speak. Deservedly MOTM

You couldn't right the script for that.

I must admit I got a bit worried when we wanted 38 from 20 balls but those 3 sixes came just at the right time.

Full credit to Kane Williamson and his team,I thought their bowlers were brilliant.

At last it's come home.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

New Zealand are an outtanding team and play cricket in the right way, unlike their Antipodean cousins.

Absolutely Jean, class.  Didn't get the rub of the green today (good for us) but a credit to the game.

Edited by toyahw

In the spirit of the game I think we should hand the trophy back.In the incident where the ball hit Stokes’ bat and went for four overthrows the two batters didn’t cross for the second run which meant we should have received 5 runs and not 6.Then again,sod it !!!