onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton gone into admin

jeffers

With regards the supporters letter to the EFL, as football fans we all share his pain.

However, as Warren had eluded to, they didn’t mind enjoying the success brought about by their past overspending. It’s sad, but the club has to bear the brunt of the punishment as it’s their misdemeanours that have brought about this sorry situation in the first place.

It reminds me of the similar scenario at Portsmouth a few years ago. Pompey fans were saying similar things, but all gloried in their FA Cup win at Wembley which was brought about solely by vast overspending on players they couldn’t afford !

Unfortunately, you cannot have it both ways.

:yes:

Advert

• 3 weeks later...
Bolton asking potential buyers to pay £25,000 to see the books is our former owner still interested in buying them be a shame if he's been ripped off

Cheap at half the price, Gorm was charging £50k.

You have to feel a lot of sympathy for the Bolton supporters. Here's a letter sent by a long-serving fan to the EFL about the potential deduction for going into administration:

Dear Sirs,

As a Bolton Wanderers supporter and season ticket holder, I must express my dismay at the prospect of my club incurring yet another potential twelve-point deduction as we prepare to embark on a season in League One.

Can you please tell me how us the fans and the players are responsible for the financial incompetence off the field? I have never thought it was appropriate to impose sanctions like this on the players and the fans. It’s not our fault. Yet we are always the ones that suffer. It’s just rubbing salt into an open wound and it doesn’t, in reality, help anyone.

You should be punishing the people who are responsible for our dire financial situation. The mismanagement of the club stretches back to our latter days in the Premier League.

While we don't want clubs benefiting for spending beyond their means, it doesn't seem likely that this is the case at Bolton, just as at Blackpool, where the EFL decided the 12 points shouldn't be deducted. All it will do to Bolton is increase their chances of yet another relegation. I've always doubted the justice of sporting penalties for off-field malpractice where it's the Directors who should bear responsibility.

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for this.

The fans are ridiculing other clubs, belittling other fans, riding their high horse all the way up. Never ever EVER wondering, if all this absolutely MASSIVE spending, can be justified. We all want our clubs to do well, but when they put out financial statement after financial statement, with massive losses, absolutely bleeding bottom lines, shouldn't you as a fan, begin to feel worried for your club, and ask questions to the board to put things right?

I've said it many many times before about these situations, but in my view, overspending beyond your means, should be aligned with cheating. The players will get penalties for for doping, so why shouldn't the clubs be given penalties, for using financial doping?

Here in Denmark we have FC Copenhagen, that no other club in the country can compete with on the financial scene, and therefor on the actual field as well. Yet, they are in the top 20 in the WORLD, of clubs with the biggest debt, with over 1 BILLION in debt! Tell me how this can be fair???

They are living on the will of the bank. They turn out massive loss after massive loss, and still have the biggest budget in every single window, because they have rich owners bankrolling them, while their debt to the bank, just increases and increases.

I'm sorry, but I don't care if it's FC Copenhagen, FC Barcelona or Manchester United. Running a firm, with a debt of over 1 BILLION, should simply not be allowed to keep operating on the same scale.

What is the incentive for other clubs to run their club right, if they keep getting overtaken by clubs overspending years on end? So clubs that overspend to gain promotion, and keep living well beyond their means, deserves everything coming to them when the cardhouse starts to fall!

End of story!

Don’t forget these debts are either directly (unpaid bills) or indirectly (massive overdrafts) to local people not necessarily fans. Writing them off as often happens is not fair to local residents and businesses who may not even support the club.

Administrators are reportedly looking for somewhere in the region of £25M to acquire Bolton.

I don’t know if the White’s Hotel is part of the deal or not, but if it is maybe that is one of the attractions to our ex leader.

What’s happened to The Blue One by the way ? He seems to be unusually quiet at the moment ?

My partner is a Bolton fan so I've been following this story for some time. Ken Anderson is a crook and was banned for about 8 years as being a director. He said in his chairman notes he didn't pay the staff and players because he wasn't likes and because fans protested about his ownership.

There seems to be a few interested parties who have paid the 25k to see the books.

• 1 month later...

Saw on Sky Sports News yesterday (18/7) that Bolton players and staff are continuing to go without pay.

I thought that when an administrator was appointed (as in Bolton’s case) that they paid the staff until a buyer was found and a takeover is confirmed ?

Signs don’t look good for Bolton. Throw in Bury & Notts to name but a further two and I wonder if the game has ever been in a more parlous situation ?

On 19/07/2019 at 11:00, RailwayRowdy said:

Saw on Sky Sports News yesterday (18/7) that Bolton players and staff are continuing to go without pay.

I thought that when an administrator was appointed (as in Bolton’s case) that they paid the staff until a buyer was found and a takeover is confirmed ?

Signs don’t look good for Bolton. Throw in Bury & Notts to name but a further two and I wonder if the game has ever been in a more parlous situation ?

They've had to cancel their friendly match with Preston on Tuesday now due to a lack of players,who have not been paid now for 20 weeks.

I notice that Sky Sports have the Bolton v Bury League 1 match pencilled in for live TV coverage on Sunday September 8th.

Considering the current parlous state of both clubs, the broadcaster may have a free slot to fill. There’s an interesting game at Rodney Parade the previous day which could be moved to Sunday to fill this gap ! 

• 4 weeks later...

Bolton now postpone tonight’s scheduled D1 home match versus Doncaster due to “lack of players”, without consultation with the EFL. 

Bolton claim that playing again so soon after Saturday would be “detrimental to the welfare” of their young players.

Sam Allardyce, speaking on TalkSport” this morning also claims that TWO administrators are involved at Bolton as ex owner Ken Anderson has appointed his own !

What the hell is going on there and why are they not subject to the same draconian actions that have been placed on Bury by the EFL ?

Both owners of these two clubs are clearly the main culprits, but why such differing proposed punishments from the football league’s governing body ?

Archived