onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

Advert

28 games and 4 goals in their promotion season.

13 starts, one substitute appearance, taken off 11 times and no goals this year. If Askey thinks he's any good he will sign him. I'd be very surprised.

I think we should adopt a strategy of tying up all the budget on untried youngsters/chancers just in case one of the turns out to be the next Jordan Hugill.

This is a far better strategy than a smaller squad with more quality. It’s worked ever so well for the last few years!

I wasn't saying we should bring him back, just saying we might have let him go too soon.

We don't really give youth players much of a chance in recent years. Smith and Gibbons are the only ones wh

Ryan Campbell-Gordon, Lucas Green-Birch and Max Chimines all deserve some minutes this season. How will we know if they're any good if we don't give them a few games?

We don't really give youth players much of a chance in recent years. Smith and Gibbons are the only ones wh

Ryan Campbell-Gordon, Lucas Green-Birch and Max Chimines all deserve some minutes this season. How will we know if they're any good if we don't give them a few games?

Refresh my memory. Which released player in recent years has gone on to better things after leaving Vale Park?

The reason why some of them don't make it is because the gulf between league football and the reserves is massive. Huge.

The manager sees them in games and in training and he will play them if he thinks they are good enough. 19 players out of 20 are not. They can't cope with the physicality. They can't cope with the pace of games. They get outfought and knocked off the ball too easily.

That's why the lad from Man Utd that Norman signed on deadline day never got a game. Not strong enough. The gulf is too wide for some of them to bridge. That's why most end up in non league.

It might look easy but the standard of league football is higher than many imagine and most young lads never make it because they are not strong enough, not fit enough, not skilful enough, not committed enough, etc. Odd ones slip through the net like Ray Kennedy but it's a completely different ball game to youth team football or the reserves on a Tuesday lunch-time in front of 80 people.

All my optimism about the new era has been crushed by the news that Turner has been released.

If anyone else had posted this it'd be with the utmost sarcasm. However, you are so utterly deluded and completely serious that I just had to laugh!

I'm delighted that Turner has been released. Absolutely 100% the correct decision - well done Askey!

If anyone else had posted this it'd be with the utmost sarcasm. However, you are so utterly deluded and completely serious that I just had to laugh!

I'm delighted that Turner has been released. Absolutely 100% the correct decision - well done Askey!

Delighted that a young lad in his 20s has been released after 12 years at the club despite steady development?

Delighted that a young lad in his 20s has been released after 12 years at the club despite steady development?

His development stalled two seasons ago, which is why it's right to let him go. Similar with Lloyd who never got better during his last two seasons. It's sad but life.

We don't seem to treat our youth players very well, I still don't know why we released Ryan Lloyd when we were short of players under Brown.
Because he isn't very good. Conference standard at best. Norman's gone, I'm hoping we can set our sights a little higher than Ryan Lloyd and Dan Turner.

Archived