Can anyone on here access who has been listed?

Doesn't look like Joe Public can .

I'd imagine reading it you have to have a Port Vale email account.

Though as we know in the past there was an email clique on here !!!

Surely all our players are on the "transfer list"? If a club wants to take them and the player wants to go, what can we do realistically?

Get your point.

But these are players we dont need/want anymore. So we put them in the market, rather than the market coming to us.

Get your point.

But these are players we dont need/want anymore. So we put them in the market, rather than the market coming to us.

Its Whitfield and Rawlinson on the transfer list

Just confirmed on radio stoke it's Whitfield and Rawlinson.

Glad about Whitfield, no end product and a shadow of the player he was the first time around.

Feel slightly harsh on Rawlinson, more than capable back up and I can't imagine he's on a huge amount of money but it is what it is.

Rawlinson bang average centre back and poor full back. At his age unlikely to improve. Hopefully he has a desire to play and will sort a move out to free up further wage / space in squad.

Whitfield flatters to deceive - flashes of quality are far too rare.

You could make a case to retain either / both, but in truth both parts of a squad that has struggled to maintain League status which needs to be drastically overhauled.

Aside from Brown and to a lesser extent Smith and possibly Pope none could complain about being offered a free.

Agree with Bald Eagle. Rawlinson was okay ish at CH , but downright awful at full back. Hung out to dry in that position by Aspin. Was a nice story coming from TNS to get his dream of full time football but there is no sentiment and he isn't really much good .

Whitfield the enigma. Really weird player who the fans generally love but apart from the odd flash here and there has not really done it .

Again what is his best position? Does anyone really know. Never had a run of 5 or 6 games to cement a place mainly because when he did start a game he was anonymous.

Really disappointed as I was delighted to see him back.

It's going to be Askeys squad so his call.

Everything is positive and we all look forward to seeing the new signings in the coming weeks.

What I can't let go though is the ' I've seen things I've not seen in 30 years of football ' quote.

Despite the rumours /lies on here then surely to goodness we can now get behind Miller and Gibbons . If they were anything to do with that surely it would be 4 on the transfer list ?

I like what Miller offers, a real nuisance and I felt the so called pressing game suited him way more than Pope.

Pope had to be recalled after his two match winners.

But it looks like Miller is part of the squad so instead of besmirching his name and slagging him off it would be nice if we can get behind him.

Granted he has obviously got issues but if Askey keeps him in the squad that's good enough for me .

Rawlinson must be on reasonable money if he would rather sit on the bench for us than play for someone else.

I suspect that is the crux of it, RZ. I think this is about getting 2 of the (remaining) higher earners off the books if possible to give Askey the maximum amount to spend on his own players. I've no problem with that. Neither have held down a place in one of the worst teams we've ever had, and I think that Worrall staying has pushed Whitfield even further down the pecking order.

I'm not sure Rawlinson has been transfer listed purely for football reasons.

Whitfield never strikes me as the most professional. For the age he is he tires very very quickly. Obviously I don't know, but id guess he doesn't look after himself and this is now three managers who haven't really fancies him.

Always strikes me as a lad with an overly inflated opinion of himself too.

I think Rawlinson has played at a standard above his ability, but I think he’s given everything when selected and would like to thank him for this.

Ben Whitfield complete enigma, has put a shift in since we beat Luton Town 4-0. He then turned us down but had the front to come back when he was released by Bournemouth and couldn’t get an offer anywhere else.

Both products of the Overwaite regime, one a cheap non league signing and the other trying to win the fans over. It wouldn’t surprise me if there wasn't at least one more transfer listed. I trust JA and his decisions and IMO is certainly echoing the thoughts of the fans.

I wonder if the US had known about the dictator/tyrant that ruled us once, if they’d have given consideration to invading Vale Park.

Happy to see Whitfield go. Flatters to deceive more than anyone I’ve seen for a while. I could count on one hand the decent games he’s actually played for us. Rawlinson I thought was decent at centre half and then ruined by aspin by sticking him where he blatantly couldn’t play. Still I’m happy to see what askey wants to do with this squad. Hopefully all the rumours about miller will stop now

Legge has triggered his extension

Great news that, David Worrall and Legge signing is good just need Manny sign up then we are looking good in terms off who we wanted keep.

It says good things about the club that they would want to stay. I'm sure that Worrall could have got fixed up elsewhere so I presume he's pleased with what he's seen from Askey and the new owners.

Why was Miller not even in the matchday squad towards the end of the season? I wonder if talks with another team (Dover?) are ongoing so no need to transfer-list?
Yes, a bit of a head scratcher this. No news from Club that he was injured at end of season and not in squads suggest he was "advised" to look for another Club. Still under contract though and NO mention of him at all by Askey or Carol/Kevin. IMO he could still be useful to us if he stays, gets fit and shows commitment to the squad. A close season with our expected new signings might just see the forward we all crave. On the other hand if he were to leave Askey can use his salary hopefully to bring in a winner.