onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

Yes, a bit of a head scratcher this. No news from Club that he was injured at end of season and not in squads suggest he was "advised" to look for another Club. Still under contract though and NO mention of him at all by Askey or Carol/Kevin. IMO he could still be useful to us if he stays, gets fit and shows commitment to the squad. A close season with our expected new signings might just see the forward we all crave. On the other hand if he were to leave Askey can use his salary hopefully to bring in a winner.

He was sitting with the Vale fans at MKD, was injured.

Advert

Rawlinson being transfer listed, must mean he has triggered his extension.

I don't get why, at all, as Askey must have told him he isn't in his plans, prior to him triggering it.

I know a salary is fine, but why would anyone want to stay at a workplace, where their presence isn't wanted?

He isn't in a Bale type situation after all...

I think Rawlinson can be a success still. He was reasonable, even out of natural position at right back. Second season he could develop.

As for Gareth Bale. 5 million Real Madrid supporters have voted on signings and retained players. Only 9% want to keep Bale, the lowest of all their players. So Askey needs to get out there now and sign him on loan with Real paying his wages.

Two decent out-and-out wingers. A proven goal scoring striker in the lower leagues (easy to get for virtually nothing as we know...... *tumbleweed*), a centre half with decent league experience and a passable replacement for Mitch Clark.

5 absolute musts to cement ourselves in the top half.

WITHOUT A HISTORY OF INJURIES AND POOR DISCIPLINE PLEASE!

Unfortunately Anthony Grant has signed a new deal at Shrewsbury.

I'm afraid Granty doesn't fit the bill with five goals in his last 271 appearances with 5 different clubs,4 goals at Crewe and 1 at Vale.

No goals with his last 2 clubs.

Source - Wikipedia

Most teams do have a solid defensive midfield player whose job is primarily to shield the back four, give support to the centre backs and pick up late runs into the box. Grant was good at this and that's why he's spent a lot of his career in league one. Did a lot of good work that went unnoticed. We need a player like him now that Kay has departed. Manny isn't the same type and more of a threat going forward. Joyce does a job and can pass the ball well and make space but he's not a destroyer like a Grant or a Griffith. You have to be decent in the air too to play that role well. I'd be happy if we could find someone like Grant for next season. It would take pressure off the centre backs.

Didn't I hear Askey say this morning on the radio that we wanted two strikers in asap because the only one we had left now was Pope?

In which case it suggests that Miller has gone - which some of us thought was the case weeks ago. But I've seen nothing about him.

Cryptically he also said something about wanting people who were professional.

Didn't I hear Askey say this morning on the radio that we wanted two strikers in asap because the only one we had left now was Pope?

In which case it suggests that Miller has gone - which some of us thought was the case weeks ago. But I've seen nothing about him.

Cryptically he also said something about wanting people who were professional.

Askey also said he was hoping we can get a decent striker in without having to pay too much, which sounded a bit ominous to me. Good strikers cost money and I hope the new owners can find the brass to help him out. Our previous owner was notorious for saying he could find a better striker than Pope for less money and look how that went. If we are looking for quality in a forward position, we'll have to find the readies, unless we are very, very lucky.

Archived