onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

I'm not sure Rawlinson has been transfer listed purely for football reasons.

Whitfield never strikes me as the most professional. For the age he is he tires very very quickly. Obviously I don't know, but id guess he doesn't look after himself and this is now three managers who haven't really fancies him.

Always strikes me as a lad with an overly inflated opinion of himself too.

Advert

I think Rawlinson has played at a standard above his ability, but I think he’s given everything when selected and would like to thank him for this.

Ben Whitfield complete enigma, has put a shift in since we beat Luton Town 4-0. He then turned us down but had the front to come back when he was released by Bournemouth and couldn’t get an offer anywhere else.

Both products of the Overwaite regime, one a cheap non league signing and the other trying to win the fans over. It wouldn’t surprise me if there wasn't at least one more transfer listed. I trust JA and his decisions and IMO is certainly echoing the thoughts of the fans.

I wonder if the US had known about the dictator/tyrant that ruled us once, if they’d have given consideration to invading Vale Park.

Happy to see Whitfield go. Flatters to deceive more than anyone I’ve seen for a while. I could count on one hand the decent games he’s actually played for us. Rawlinson I thought was decent at centre half and then ruined by aspin by sticking him where he blatantly couldn’t play. Still I’m happy to see what askey wants to do with this squad. Hopefully all the rumours about miller will stop now

Why was Miller not even in the matchday squad towards the end of the season? I wonder if talks with another team (Dover?) are ongoing so no need to transfer-list?
Yes, a bit of a head scratcher this. No news from Club that he was injured at end of season and not in squads suggest he was "advised" to look for another Club. Still under contract though and NO mention of him at all by Askey or Carol/Kevin. IMO he could still be useful to us if he stays, gets fit and shows commitment to the squad. A close season with our expected new signings might just see the forward we all crave. On the other hand if he were to leave Askey can use his salary hopefully to bring in a winner.

So, as it stands the best XI we can put out is as follows:

Brown

Gibbons Smith Legge Campbell-Gordon

Manny (hopefully will sign) Joyce Conlon

Worrall Pope/Miller Monty

Subs:

Trickett-Smith

Excluding Rawlinson and Whitfield.

I think it is a better base to build from than last season, and IMO if that team started every week under Askey we would finish just below mid-table.

Askey has now got the chance to build his own XI to compete with the remaining players, given we are looking for a squad of 22-25.

I would say the highest wages has to go on a Striker( Always hard to get, but I’m hoping someone who is quick as well as strong and can play the focal Striker role. Chipping in with 15-20 goals) Left Winger who is quick and scores goals, Goal scoring Centre-Mid, Strong/Tall Defensive Midfielder with an engine who makes us tick, full-backs who can defend and offer an attacking outlet, and a quality Centre-Half.

So in my view we need 7/ 8 players who are going to be first team regulars and about 4/5 squad players.

It’s a massive summer of recruitment, and one that will define the next two seasons. I wish John the very best of luck, and will reserve judgment on any player until the full squad is in place and we have seen at least 10 matches.

Exciting times ahead. UTV.

Rawlinson being transfer listed, must mean he has triggered his extension.

I don't get why, at all, as Askey must have told him he isn't in his plans, prior to him triggering it.

I know a salary is fine, but why would anyone want to stay at a workplace, where their presence isn't wanted?

He isn't in a Bale type situation after all...

Rawlinson being transfer listed, must mean he has triggered his extension.

I don't get why, at all, as Askey must have told him he isn't in his plans, prior to him triggering it.

I know a salary is fine, but why would anyone want to stay at a workplace, where their presence isn't wanted?

He isn't in a Bale type situation after all...

Guarantee a wage for 12 months you’d take it as he could easily end up at a part time club if he didn’t in Wales or Non League.

Feel he’s had a rough deal to be fair I didn’t think he was too bad and was part of the side in the first half of the season that did well enough to be comfortable before the horrific Late December-Jan-Feb period.

Ben needs to take a long hard look at his professionalism. Bury away, came on, did a 30 yard dash down the left after 10 minutes and was absolutely blowing.... for someone who has been at a premier league club for a long time, he’ll have to ask himself... to be blowing as much as he was, he can’t possibly be taking his profession very seriously.

Good luck to the lad, had it in him as we’ve seen in a number of games, but few and far between, thinks he’s the big dog on the street... not anymore and I think he’ll waste his career. Hope to not see that happen, but doesn’t look good for him.

Archived