onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

Advert

Youve heard different from me then Karl. I was told he’s not trained with the first team and continues with the youth team. Not really in the managers plans if that’s the case. We shall see but I doubt he will be in the squad next season.

Then again he may want to give him a chance In pre season.

I thought he was om loan at Leek? Why would he be training with the Vale squad? Arent they all on holiday now anyway that the season has finished so wont be training at all.

I thought he was om loan at Leek? Why would he be training with the Vale squad? Arent they all on holiday now anyway that the season has finished so wont be training at all.

Would expect he trained with us in the week as Leek part time only, so evening training plus matches with them.

Maybe he did only train with youth team to build his fitness levels up - too many ‘senior’ pros as it was, and only worth involving players who could impact our short term goal of safety.

I’m sure he will be involved in pre season, and at that stage Askey will decide whether he is anywhere near being a first team squad player, or better off out on loan at a higher standard than Leek

Just confirmed on radio stoke it's Whitfield and Rawlinson.

Glad about Whitfield, no end product and a shadow of the player he was the first time around.

Feel slightly harsh on Rawlinson, more than capable back up and I can't imagine he's on a huge amount of money but it is what it is.

Rawlinson bang average centre back and poor full back. At his age unlikely to improve. Hopefully he has a desire to play and will sort a move out to free up further wage / space in squad.

Whitfield flatters to deceive - flashes of quality are far too rare.

You could make a case to retain either / both, but in truth both parts of a squad that has struggled to maintain League status which needs to be drastically overhauled.

Aside from Brown and to a lesser extent Smith and possibly Pope none could complain about being offered a free.

Agree with Bald Eagle. Rawlinson was okay ish at CH , but downright awful at full back. Hung out to dry in that position by Aspin. Was a nice story coming from TNS to get his dream of full time football but there is no sentiment and he isn't really much good .

Whitfield the enigma. Really weird player who the fans generally love but apart from the odd flash here and there has not really done it .

Again what is his best position? Does anyone really know. Never had a run of 5 or 6 games to cement a place mainly because when he did start a game he was anonymous.

Really disappointed as I was delighted to see him back.

It's going to be Askeys squad so his call.

Everything is positive and we all look forward to seeing the new signings in the coming weeks.

What I can't let go though is the ' I've seen things I've not seen in 30 years of football ' quote.

Despite the rumours /lies on here then surely to goodness we can now get behind Miller and Gibbons . If they were anything to do with that surely it would be 4 on the transfer list ?

I like what Miller offers, a real nuisance and I felt the so called pressing game suited him way more than Pope.

Pope had to be recalled after his two match winners.

But it looks like Miller is part of the squad so instead of besmirching his name and slagging him off it would be nice if we can get behind him.

Granted he has obviously got issues but if Askey keeps him in the squad that's good enough for me .

Rawlinson must be on reasonable money if he would rather sit on the bench for us than play for someone else.

I suspect that is the crux of it, RZ. I think this is about getting 2 of the (remaining) higher earners off the books if possible to give Askey the maximum amount to spend on his own players. I've no problem with that. Neither have held down a place in one of the worst teams we've ever had, and I think that Worrall staying has pushed Whitfield even further down the pecking order.

Archived