onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

Advert

I don't think that anyone is realistically expecting anything more than a halfway finish next season are they?

Its going to be a tough division with the teams who have come down, and the likes of Mansfield and possibly Tranmere remaining here.

I would be delighted with 12th place and not being nervously looking over our shoulder at the likes of Macc and Crawley.

That’s what being a vale fan has come to. Being delighted with 12th in the bottom division. Can’t see it being s tough Division. This year just gone there were barely any decent sides.

That’s what being a vale fan has come to. Being delighted with 12th in the bottom division. Can’t see it being s tough Division. This year just gone there were barely any decent sides.

Thats what Smurthwaite has got us to,the club needs repairing and I for one dont want a boom and bust regime,slow steady improvement is the way to go especially when you realise the perilous state quite a number of clubs are in.

The squad needs players adding who score and create goals. Those sorts of players cost money.

We\'ve heard quality over quantity mentioned by our new owners which is great to hear. They\'ve also stated that football decisions will be made by the manager.

So, it\'s down to the manager to sign a couple of strikers, a couple of wingers and a couple of midfielders to add goals and assists. A full back either side should pretty much complete the squad.

Over the years when i went there was a very big drop in standards on the pitch .A chairman offering the world and delivering nothing but he paid the players and kept the club running but also was was outspoken and damaging and that ledto his demise .

You do not upset your customers and you do not upset your employees (players ,members of staff etc ).

He did and got a reputation for it and damaged the club with his obnoxiousness.

He is gone so it should be a happier place so that will in turn make the club a more if i am a player want to go here and learn my trade etc (further my career).

So what do i expect well i expect nothing then it may a rather pleasant season where the players apply themselves 46 games a season and see what occurs .

The past is gone today is the future a better Vale may take years to come to fruition. Id like see a cheaper home end on matchday .

Football should be enjoyed by all ,kids whos parents dont work dont choose for there parents not work ,elderly folk who live on a pittance deserve go the game to get them away from there lonely existence if wife and husband no longer are by the side etc .

Football aint just for the priveleged its for everyone .

Kev and Carol are going about it the right way .

Its a big job a very very big job .

We aint all of a sudden going have sell outs we needwin big cup games and get the folk who do go speaking so well of the players and what they are witnessing on the pitch each game to be spread like wildfire where John from London supports say Chelsea and is passing through stoke on trent with his business associates and they are in say The Crown in Burslem fri night and folk are raving on about the Vale and they go the game the following day and see a magical display and love the atmosphere and love it that muchthey tell say a rich arab and he comes etc .

UTV anything is achievable with hard work i work hard i expect to see a Vale side who do not accept defeat the way we have lamely for years .

As for players i want see players who are pumped for every game not just when they feel like it .

At my place i am monitored (my 11th year )if i dont perform i am shown the door and the pressure is on every time i walk through them doors .

Thats what i want see from Vale .

High standards not 4-1 lame home defeats and no resistance .

UTV

I think we are all looking for improvement. I suppose mid table obscurity would be just that after 3 pretty disastrous seasons, flirting with the playoffs would be a bonus. Sensible owners and a quality over quantity policy seems the way forward. The fans can now play their part by renewing season tickets and time for the stay away fans for whatever reason to return to the fold.

Thats what Smurthwaite has got us to,the club needs repairing and I for one dont want a boom and bust regime,slow steady improvement is the way to go especially when you realise the perilous state quite a number of clubs are in.

I put something elsewhere yesterday, you have to be realistic about what the club can and can't do in just one window. Especially in terms of putting together a settled squad. This will be the fourth consecutive summer where a different manager has turned over a high number of players in an attempt to put things right.

Askey confirming in his interview that a couple of players have been transfer listed.

Whitfield and Miller by any chance?

I was wondering who it could be. I guess other contenders could be Rawlinson and possibly Trickett-Smith (not Askey\'s signings) but you could be spot on with your guess.

Agree this year could be anything , but stay up and progress on off pitch is key with in budget...think the job for askey us difficult as players are signed he prob doesnt see long term but cant move them on and perhaps some have to go that can to at least put an identity of his own on the team..(ie would have hannant over Whitfield)

Just my opinion but think this year will be hit n miss next year kick on presume macc t will occupy 1 of bottom 2..

I was wondering who it could be. I guess other contenders could be Rawlinson and possibly Trickett-Smith (not Askey\'s signings) but you could be spot on with your guess.

I am told that Askey likes Trickett-Smith Rob and even tried get him in at a former club

I am told that Askey likes Trickett-Smith Rob and even tried get him in at a former club

Youve heard different from me then Karl. I was told he’s not trained with the first team and continues with the youth team. Not really in the managers plans if that’s the case. We shall see but I doubt he will be in the squad next season.

Then again he may want to give him a chance In pre season.

Archived