onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

No no no no no! We've got to get out of this desperate league as soon as possible and we should be in a position to do so.

Merely surviving amongst the likes of Morecambe, Forest Green, Crawley, Colchester and Salford is NOT acceptable.

The ambitions of some fans seem to get lower year on year.

Advert

4 goals (3 Lge / 1 EFL trophy) 4, 5 or 6 Lge assists, depending which website you look on! My apologies - I'm sure someone on here, a while back, said he'd finished top of our assists with 10...my fault for trusting someone to have football knowledge!

The 3 goals and 5 assists were League games only LT.So 4goals and 6 assists maybe the correct amount including cup games.It still makes him our best assists player.

No no no no no! We've got to get out of this desperate league as soon as possible and we should be in a position to do so.

Merely surviving amongst the likes of Morecambe, Forest Green, Crawley, Colchester and Salford is NOT acceptable.

I think we all want to get out of this League Smithie.The trick ,after ,is to stay out of it.

I have often derided fans for being happy with mere existence.

However, I see the challenges we face and I am fully expecting mid-table next season. I'd love to challenge, but I see it as too much of an ask.

We've just avoided non-league oblivion by the skin of our teeth twice in succession. We have 10 professionals, one of which is a first year 18 year old, and several are not liked by the manager. Mass signings will be needed.

When running at a loss last year, and having to be funded by Director's Loans, we had the 13th largest budget. Our two best players are an increasingly ageing and injury prone forward, and a 33 year old goalkeeper. We have virtually zero sellable assets.

Our stadium is decrepit, neglected, and in some places falling apart. There has been ZERO off field revenue coming into the club due to the splitting of the ground.

Its not nice to accept, but Norman did such damage in terms of squad quality, attendances, and revenue to support squad quality, that as things stand we are going to be in the middle, along with clubs like Grimbsy, Cheltenham, Morecambe etc. We have no God-given right to be above these teams because we used to be decent and have a bigger ground; we've been run just as poorly, if not even more poorly, over the past few years.

The teams that went up this year are either loaded (MK and Lincoln) or overspent to the point of near collapse (Bury).

I'm still an ambitious fan, I just recognise that the club is in absolute shambles and instead of expecting two consecutive 20th finishes to be coverted into a top 7 finish, with clubs like Orient and moneybags Salford coming up, and big teams like Bradford and Plymouth coming down, we have to be slightly patient. Things aren't going to turn around from what many agree is the WORST period in the club's history to a promotion challenge in the space of 10 weeks.

All we can do is trust the process, be patient, and support in whatever way we can; spending on ST, merch, and catering is now massive for our long-term stability and success.

No no no no no! We\'ve got to get out of this desperate league as soon as possible and we should be in a position to do so.

While I agree, we’ve had several consecutive relegation battles, surviving by a point. Years of neglect and degradation under that ******. The new owners literally have a million and one things to rectify or invest in. We need to be able to get up out of the bloody wheelchair first before we can run.

My ambition is to win promotion. My hope is we make the play-offs. My head says mid table.

For me, the thing about Vale in recent years is that there hasn't been any hope. No likelihood of things getting better at any stage. Last week's supporters' club meeting and interviews with the new owners are the first time I've felt remotely optimistic for years. So, as long as there's a genuine impression that things are turning round, that there are some green shoots, I'll be pleased. I also wish that the fans would also pull together but, predictably, some don't seem to be able to wait to throw a strop.

As an aside, just seen that it is only 3 years ago to the day (yesterday) that Page 'left' and joined Northampton. Feels like far far more than that, doesn't it?

I don't think that anyone is realistically expecting anything more than a halfway finish next season are they?

Its going to be a tough division with the teams who have come down, and the likes of Mansfield and possibly Tranmere remaining here.

I would be delighted with 12th place and not being nervously looking over our shoulder at the likes of Macc and Crawley.

I don't think that anyone is realistically expecting anything more than a halfway finish next season are they?

Its going to be a tough division with the teams who have come down, and the likes of Mansfield and possibly Tranmere remaining here.

I would be delighted with 12th place and not being nervously looking over our shoulder at the likes of Macc and Crawley.

I think this league will be fairly open next season. If JA gets his signings right we can be up there in the top 10. If he can't get the players he wants, for whatever reason, we won't. I wouldn't take a top half finish if it was offered right now, I think we can can give it a really good go. If that means finishing 14th then so be it.

Tranmere will lose Norwood, probably to Ipswich. Perkins, their key midfielder is 36. Nothing is easy for any club at this level.

I’m feeling what I did 12 months ago... a mid table finish with progression but not bricking it all season at the relegation line below us will do. I’d expected lessons to be learnt 12 months ago but they were not.

This time I’ve more hope it will be done and the progress is key. This year to build the foundations 2020/21 then to progress again and target the top 7.

We absolutely shouldn’t be struggling with the Morecambe, Cambridge, Cheltenham and Macc Towns of this league but the club is poorly and needs and lot of recovery.

Will take time.

Archived