onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

Dear Feckwit

I have o idea whether it was aimed at you - I couldn't be arsed looking for the post from a total tool! Yes, i work most match days and only caught half-a-dozen games last season...but I watched with my eyes open not wearing blinkers! So, when you can't see the true picture you have to rely on stats, and reviews from the press and other supporters. Someone who scored 13 goals would surely not be let go? But have a direct hand in 13 goals and some slack-jawed drooler says the same player is useless? Like I say - don't know whether it was you...at least you grudgingly admitted he was "full of running and effort"...so, I suspect you are not the author of the "headless chicken" comment? Thanks for your reply!

Vale fan since 1962.

ps...I respect your effort at a cutting riposte...but my grandson would have done better, aged 27 months! Shame

pps: Don't let's carry this on, eh? We can agree to disagree? And let the rest of the forum not have to listen to us drivellinjg on!

He’s bang average and was part of one of the worst team’s in Vale’s history. Let it go and move on. He’ll end up in the conference where he belongs.

Advert

On Luke Hannant:

I'll always remember his performance and goal celebration against Stoke and I think he will probably enter our cult hero section for that night.

However, to only really stand out against a young u23 side representing a very poor Championship club tells a story of why he was released.

He played lots and lots of games while he was here (possibly ever present under Aspin) and his work rate was, at times, exceptional. He lacked quality and end product too often.

Thanks for your efforts Luke and good luck finding a new club. I wouldn't be surprised if another L2 club takes him as he was usually one of our better players in what was, admittedly, a very poor side.

commentslike this one...and the absolute feckwit who said (something like)..."it doesn't matter that Hannant is top of the assists - he's still useless" just show a total lack of respect and football knowledge! If a player scores 3 and has 10 assists, in a team that only scored 50-odd goals all season, across all competitions, then his contribution is to have a hand in approximately 1/4 of the goals...how is that useless? Not going to advocate keeping him - whoever drew up the retained list will have to stand by their decision - I just think a little respect and some honesty is called for to a player who was far from useless...as the stats show!

I didn't realise Luke had ten assists. I can see why his release divides opinion. As others have said, it depends who we replace him with. If it is Ryan Lloyd the we need to give the lad a fair chance as he never really featured when he was younger but does now have a lot more games under his belt, albeit at a lower level.

On Luke Hannant:

I'll always remember his performance and goal celebration against Stoke and I think he will probably enter our cult hero section for that night.

However, to only really stand out against a young u23 side representing a very poor Championship club tells a story of why he was released.

He played lots and lots of games while he was here (possibly ever present under Aspin) and his work rate was, at times, exceptional. He lacked quality and end product too often.

Thanks for your efforts Luke and good luck finding a new club. I wouldn't be surprised if another L2 club takes him as he was usually one of our better players in what was, admittedly, a very poor side.

Strange last year fans were calling for Hannant and Manny to be given 2 year extensions and we were worrying that Mr Blobby would sell him to Bolton.

I always felt Hannant was a good team player and didn’t hide when we were struggling.He always gave 100% and could develop into a good midfield player.

To consider that Wimpey Ryan Lloyd is half the player Hannant is a joke.

How can anyone think signing Ryan Lloyd is improving the team?

Strange last year fans were calling for Hannant and Manny to be given 2 year extensions and we were worrying that Mr Blobby would sell him to Bolton.

I always felt Hannant was a good team player and didn’t hide when we were struggling.He always gave 100% and could develop into a good midfield player.

Was it when he last played for us you saw him?? You aren't prepared to back the managers judgement on signings then considering what he did with the team when none were his.

It's amazing how us fans and those in the game see things differently isn't it.

Lloyd has completely underwhelmed me and being released by Macc isn't great on a CV .

Time will tell.

Then surprisingly ( to me ) Harry Smith has been signed by Cobblers. He looked an absolute cart horse to me with the turning circle of a pregnant hippo.

Yet Keith Curle clearly rates him.

It's a funny old game

A surprisingly large number of people on here clearly think he will.

Was it when he last played for us you saw him?? You aren't prepared to back the managers judgement on signings then considering what he did with the team when none were his.

No saw him at Macc when we played them.

Totally anonymous stood on the wing with his mouth open catching flies.Still can’t tackle and no movement when they had the ball.Young Clarke had probably the easiest game in the league this season.You would have expected him to make an effort playing against his old team.Unfortunately Sol Campbell didn’t pick him for our home game so the happy clappers could see that he is still dire.

Perhaps me and Sol Campbell don’t rate him like some people on here with their rose tinted specs on.

No other league team will consider him good enough to offer him a contract.Thought Askey would be signing better players who can play in the first team.Mind you wouldn’t say no to Durrell.

No saw him at Macc when we played them.

Totally anonymous stood on the wing with his mouth open catching flies.Still can’t tackle and no movement when they had the ball.Young Clarke had probably the easiest game in the league this season.You would have expected him to make an effort playing against his old team.

Perhaps me and Sol Campbell don’t rate him like some people on here with their rose tinted specs on.

No other league team will consider him good enough to offer him a contract.

Nobody has said we’re actually signing him yet, all this flapping is because of some rumour.

Archived