onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

Ernie how can you not trust Askey?

Surely he has done enough with the team over the past 4 months transforming the performances of Worrall,Conlon,Joyce to name few. Plus he has changed the football style to be more entertaining.

Askey knows how he wants to play and will find the best players available to do so.

I can't imagine for 1 minute if Lloyd signed he would be a 1st team regular but would make the core of the squad. He would at least provide cover in several positions on the pitch. Think to last season when Joyce was out of form,Manny injured,Colon struggling who else could we bring in..Kaye,Pugh,Tongue. A cheap option to fill a gap and a player he could trust. Don't see a problem with that.

I'm 100% certain the squad next year will be much better and smaller because 1/ The manager has talked about since he came in in Feb and 2/The new owners aren't going to keep trying to sign gambles.

So you trust someone who would release Hannant and replace him with Ryan Lloyd.

You,re having a laugh.

Advert

commentslike this one...and the absolute feckwit who said (something like)..."it doesn't matter that Hannant is top of the assists - he's still useless" just show a total lack of respect and football knowledge! If a player scores 3 and has 10 assists, in a team that only scored 50-odd goals all season, across all competitions, then his contribution is to have a hand in approximately 1/4 of the goals...how is that useless? Not going to advocate keeping him - whoever drew up the retained list will have to stand by their decision - I just think a little respect and some honesty is called for to a player who was far from useless...as the stats show!

If that was aimed at me then I never labelled Hannant as useless (.....read it again!), and I've also previously stated that he's full of running & effort, and for that he is worthy of respect and thanks.

However, he was lacking in quality at times - as many others have similarly pointed out, but then we've obviously seen him play many, many times over the last 18 months, rather than just looking at stats (from another county!).....you did state that you work most matchdays and can't attend games, didn't you?

Regards,

Absolute feckwit

PS - you need to be swapping the 'L' and 'c' for a 'W' and 'k'!!!

The reality is we couldn't score for toffee. We had an ex manager whose tactics amounted to picking 5 centre halves and pumping fighting balls up to Pope. We seemed never to have enough players in the box when attacking. So maybe we could have done better team wise. But it also comes down to individual talent and intelligence and adapting. Even if the guy in the technical area isn't coaching it, decent players will still pose much more of a threat than we did. We were hopeless at home all season, almost posing no threat in most games. This was the second most annoying thing last season, second to giving goals away at the start of the first and second halves.

commentslike this one...and the absolute feckwit who said (something like)..."it doesn't matter that Hannant is top of the assists - he's still useless" just show a total lack of respect and football knowledge! If a player scores 3 and has 10 assists, in a team that only scored 50-odd goals all season, across all competitions, then his contribution is to have a hand in approximately 1/4 of the goals...how is that useless? Not going to advocate keeping him - whoever drew up the retained list will have to stand by their decision - I just think a little respect and some honesty is called for to a player who was far from useless...as the stats show!

You can make stats say whatever you like but the truth is Hannant was not L2 standard.

So you trust someone who would release Hannant and replace him with Ryan Lloyd.

You,re having a laugh.

Your missing the point.Its going to about the overall quality of the squad so wait until it takes shape then you can assess the managers work.

And for the record as a squad player yes I WOULD have Lloyd over Hannant.I'm pretty sure he will be cheap and the manager can trust him to do a job. He can control and pass a ball. Hannant was a runner with no end product. He couldn't pass or control the ball and his decision making was very poor.

Hannant was a just above average player in a side that flirted with relegation. I’m very very mildly surprised he wasn’t offered something but there’s always one released player like that and they seldom go on to set the world on fire. I thank him for his consistent efforts and wish him the best. We need room in the squad and there is still some below par players under contract so... that’s life. I’m more surprised that Rawlinson escaped the chop tbh.

Hannant was a just above average player in a side that flirted with relegation. I’m very very mildly surprised he wasn’t offered something but there’s always one released player like that and they seldom go on to set the world on fire. I thank him for his consistent efforts and wish him the best. We need room in the squad and there is still some below par players under contract so... that’s life. I’m more surprised that Rawlinson escaped the chop tbh.

Rawlinson had a appearance clause in his contract (like Pugh and Tonge last year).

But can’t see why him and Miller can’t be put on the transfer list so other clubs are aware that they are available. We were silly enough to offer Miller a contract so you never know.

Dior Angus's "thanks to PV fans" on Twitter makes me wonder again why he wasn't given a chance? John Askey was quick to say that if Aspin hadn't loaned the lad out to Barrow, he would have liked at look atDior--so why has he been so quick to release him now? Strange!

No, you don't have to. Lots of contracted players in football have forgone their contract and moved on after being the subtle nod that they won't feature at all if they stay.

Not without being paid off they haven't. Which player and agent would ever accept that!

That's what contracts are for. They have families to provide for etc. no players is going to walk away empty handed unless they know they have another club to go to.

Look at Tonge, he knew he wasn't going to feature last season but stayed here because he knew he would still have to be paid and the club couldn't just jettison him.

Not without being paid off they haven't. Which player and agent would ever accept that!

That's what contracts are for. They have families to provide for etc. no players is going to walk away empty handed unless they know they have another club to go to.

Look at Tonge, he knew he wasn't going to feature last season but stayed here because he knew he would still have to be paid and the club couldn't just jettison him.

Why give players an appearance clause in their contract?

Would imagine most are happy to get another contract.

Even then they can walk away after the original contract expires.Should be either the club or the player can exercise the extra 12 months on their contract.

Why give players an appearance clause in their contract?

Would imagine most are happy to get another contract.

Even then they can walk away after the original contract expires.Should be either the club or the player can exercise the extra 12 months on their contract.

If that was aimed at me then I never labelled Hannant as useless (.....read it again!), and I've also previously stated that he's full of running & effort, and for that he is worthy of respect and thanks.

However, he was lacking in quality at times - as many others have similarly pointed out, but then we've obviously seen him play many, many times over the last 18 months, rather than just looking at stats (from another county!).....you did state that you work most matchdays and can't attend games, didn't you?

Regards,

Absolute feckwit

PS - you need to be swapping the 'L' and 'c' for a 'W' and 'k'!!!

Dear Feckwit

I have o idea whether it was aimed at you - I couldn't be arsed looking for the post from a total tool! Yes, i work most match days and only caught half-a-dozen games last season...but I watched with my eyes open not wearing blinkers! So, when you can't see the true picture you have to rely on stats, and reviews from the press and other supporters. Someone who scored 13 goals would surely not be let go? But have a direct hand in 13 goals and some slack-jawed drooler says the same player is useless? Like I say - don't know whether it was you...at least you grudgingly admitted he was "full of running and effort"...so, I suspect you are not the author of the "headless chicken" comment? Thanks for your reply!

Vale fan since 1962.

ps...I respect your effort at a cutting riposte...but my grandson would have done better, aged 27 months! Shame

pps: Don't let's carry this on, eh? We can agree to disagree? And let the rest of the forum not have to listen to us drivellinjg on!

Archived