onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

Advert

Absolutely amazed (and a bit saddened) to see Dior Angus go. Goodness we're short of anyone (other than Tom Pope) to score goals. This lad has scored for every club he's been loaned out to and from all reports was a model professional at each of these clubs. He's only young, a natural goalscorer and one IM (humble)O that we should have kept for future development. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to another league club, scores goals and becomes a valuable property! Does anyone else agree that he was worth a punt?

3 games, 1 goal. He is 25. Quite prolific 2-3 divisions down. Less so at National League level. Sometimes players arrive late and do well. Vardy and Wright are examples. But Gary Neville's view is that players from mid twenties onward don't improve. I guess the issue might be we are trying to sign a proven goal scorer and need squad space and budget. That will probably cost £3-4k a week.

Well, they've gone so there's not much point in shedding too many tears over the odd one or two who might have made a good contribution next season. Arthur certainly has his work cut out so, first things first, let's hope he gets his own contract sorted so he can make a start.

We only have 10 players under contract with a few more still to be decided, so finding a similar number who are going to gel into a team and make us a force to be reckoned with, is going to be no easy task. It looks as if he has already been making tentative enquiries but he has a lot more to do. In his favour is the budget, about the tenth biggest last season, which will not be spread so thinly. New owners, increased season ticket sales and our newly found optimism for the future are also going to count but it will be the length of contract on offer and size of wage packet that will count for potential new players. At least you have decent owners behind you.

So good luck, Arthur, we look forward to an exciting, optimistic close season. Please, after the last three seasons, let's have a decent squad so at least we can make some headway up the table. That's all we're asking!

Yes agree we need a group of players that work hard for each other and blend as team, Askey will hopefully get that right, we the supporters can help by keeping positive and get behind the team, because I feel collectively, the player manager supporters Carol & Kevin as a group together and plenty of positively we can have a better season on and off the pitch, looking forward to the new season with optimism, keep believing, up the Vale

Only surprise for me is Hannant, although a tad lacking in quality of final pass/cross and a good trick he made up by being a hard worker, thought he would have been kept on as a squad player.

Hope Vale sign Oyeleke, best midfielder Vale have by a country mile when fit.

Very happy with the retained list. Hope to see Manny Wozza and Legge resign up alongside Hornby agreeing a contract.

I'm not into rumours but if Askey wants to move on some players from the squad who are contracted then I trust in his decision.

Disappointed to see Vassell go, I thought he had a decent offensive side to his game.

Do you really want an improved team?

We need better players than Vassell who are not good enough to be in the squad.

You will be saying you are happy for Askey to sign Ryan Lloyd next.

Agreed, but defensively he got caught out a number of times and I don't think was quite up to this standard.

In fairness to him he was often played out of position and I don't think he messed up any more than Mitch Clark (particularly Grimsby away). They're both young and will make mistakes.

Agree with Joe.

I would not be at all bothered to have been left with a squad of 3, namely Brown, Pope and Oyeleke. Possibly a 4th in Conlon.

Rest can go.

Might sound harsh but Legge, if he extends, will cost goals and points next season due to his inability to move.

Rawlinson isn't good enough. However, if his rumoured medical problems are true, then it is right for the football club to retain him if only to help him out, like Haldane. Binning him off is not an option.

With the rumours that had gone round I am massively surprised to see Gibbons and Miller retained.

Hopefully there is the possibility that Joyce, Miller and maybe Montaño can still be moved on.

IMO we need two full backs, two centre halves, two centre mids, two out and out wingers, a utility midfielder, and two forwards. 11 new players. Askey apparently wants 12. Good, hopefully Ryan Lloyd isn't one of them. No offence but we've seen it before with Joe Davis and its just ******* depressing.

To do that you would have had to pay a lot of players contracts up. That would have left next to nothing to go and get new players in.

Archived