onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

Hannant played 43 games for Vale compared to Lloyd’s 13 for a struggling Macc team.

Would much preferred to have kept Hannant than Rawlinson.

Think Rawlinson would have gone but for the option for another year. It’s a shame Aspin binned off Angus to Barrow without giving him a chance which has ultimately cost Angus a job.

Advert

Don’t care if he was playing for free.

Quality over quantity.

The thing with footballers is they respond to different management differently. Maybe we didn't see the best of him at Vale and John Askey got more out of him at Macc, who knows?

I'll trust the manager's judgement on this one until proven otherwise.

I would have kept on hannant , no question with commitment as he learned the pro game,,think he did well overall just prob needs to cement a position for his further development as he has been used as a utility player ..good luck to him.

Worrall came back looking good after what ever happened behind closed doors will this happen again, same as manny when fit is easily good enough but a question mark will always be there meaning we have to have a decent equivalent either first or 2nd choice

Be interesting to see who are on the radar to improve us next year v this

Is the stuff about Miller true, or are we generalising based on his past? I have no idea on this front - literally looking for clarity.

Also, who were the 'other two'? One was touted as Howkins so that explains his early release, has the other been identified in the released list?

Pretty happy with the list overall. I would have kept Hannant as a squad player myself and given Angus a chance as third choice (getting another striker with experience in too) - but there's lots of room to work with here.

Hopefully Worrall, Manny and Legge stay. Then I'd be looking at another centre half, a right back and a couple of left backs, some creativity in midfield ( a 'no.10'), a couple of flying wingers and at least one quality striker.

Don't forget we'll also have a couple of young lads progressing through that aren't on that list - Campbell-Gordon for starters, possibly that Green-Birch too.

I assume you were in Denmark when we had him on loan last season too?!

Big, powerful, attacks the ball, physically dominates and bullies opposition strikers. Just what you need in the 4th Division.

But, he's clearly not an option as he seems to have 'issues' but we could do with someone like him at centre-back.

I was, yes. But watched all matches on iFollow.

But what he did last season is not important. It's what he did THIS season that's important!

He did fine when he came on against Northampton (I was there). He did well against Crewe (I was there as well), against a team that pumped long balls up, for him to battle it out for. That is his strong force.

But against Exeter, he looked way out of his level. You can't dispute with facts.

Based on this season, I would choose Legge over Howkins every day of the week!

Has anyone taken the angle, that maybe Hannant wasn't released, but didn't want to stay?

I seem to remember, that he was offered an extension at the same time as Pope. But the announcement, was the last we ever heard of it.

So that tells me, that it was him who said 'no thank you', more than Askey releasing him.

Hannant not a massive surprise for me: on the pitch he was neither one thing nor the other. Off it he was a relatively high earner, got himself a bit distracted by fast cars and young women.

I used to prefer young cars and fast women.He’s the one I’m dissapointed that has been released.

Hannant didn’t have the quality to play in the engine room and he didn’t quite have the attacking nous to play as a winger or inside forward in a 3. He wasn’t a natural forward player in my eyes. He didn’t hide, put a decent shift in when he played, but he was neither one thing nor another and we need to make the room for improvement.

Angus is unproven and I never saw anything to suggest he would make the step up to League football. Had he been 20/21 then maybe he’d be worth developing but he’s 25.

Has anyone taken the angle, that maybe Hannant wasn't released, but didn't want to stay?

I seem to remember, that he was offered an extension at the same time as Pope. But the announcement, was the last we ever heard of it.

So that tells me, that it was him who said 'no thank you', more than Askey releasing him.

Spoke with him last match after game when he came over to the paddock,, was down to earth and a mild character asked what the plans were for next season sais no one has said anything to him he had no idea,,said im sure you will have a club if not staying he replied would love to stay really likes it here and he hasnt had anyone get in touch...

The perils of a professional lower league footballer, I hope he gets fixed up and thank him for his efforts and honest approach and.look forward to a replacement thats an improvement.

Staggered that people in any way wish to sign or retain any players that have played in the last 2 years.

These group of players have posted 2 of the lowest positions in our club's history, and we're a fairly unsuccessful club.

Unmoved by any of the released players today and wish it could be more. Angus and Elliot couldn't get into our worst teams in history and yet people are clamouring they are given a chance. Howkins has played around a dozen games and seems to have big injury concerns.

Get rid. Clearout. Cheers for your time lads but its onward and upwards.

Would simarly not be bothered if Miller, Gibbons, Whitfield, and Montano were found new places of employment. Probably won't happen, but I'm treating this as a completely blank slate.

The manager has got rid of almost everyone he can. The only two he could have released but didn't were Hornby and Conlon. I doubt many would disagree with those two names. If he could have moved on Miller, Rawlinson, Gibbons, Whitfield, Montano, I am sure a few of them would have gone to, they still might

Yes I fully expect a few more to be gone during the summer

Archived