onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

Advert

I wouldn't say that any player exiting would be a surprise as such, given how crap most of them have been this season. I think any 'surprises' will arise out of players still under contract being released, such as Whitfield, Monty and Miller.

My major concern is that C & K have spent so much buying the club from the blue buffoon that there's not much for anything else.

I don't think that's necessarily true. It seems that the Club was pretty much self-sufficient over the past couple of years, so if that's the starting point (happy to be proven wrong), all it would take is a steady increase in funds made available to the manager to gradually improve the playing squad.

It must be horrible time for managers up and down the country. We never seem to realise it is a persons job and livelihood, cut throat profession.

It can come across as callous but for my two penneth worth

Release

Elliott

Turner

Vassell

Tonge

Pugh ( stay on as coach )

Rawlinson

Angus

Jury out for me on

Calverley

Benns

Remain unconvinced

Conlon ( Sam Kelly also scored worldies )

And who knows what to make of Trickett-Smith signed by the loon and sent back to Level 8 football at Leek. Will Askey want him ?

Then there is the so called ' bad eggs ' to offload.

It must be horrible time for managers up and down the country. We never seem to realise it is a persons job and livelihood, cut throat profession.

Release

Elliott

Turner

Vassell

Tonge

Rawlinson

Angus

Jury out for me on

Calverley

Benns

Remain unconvinced

And who knows what to make of Trickett-Smith signed by the loon and sent back to Level 8 football at Leek. Will Askey want him ?

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of that. I'm not sure though we've seen the last of Elliott - from what I've seen he has a bit of pace about him, a decent shot and the right attitude, which I think will count a lot with Arthur. Anyway, we'll see - Arthur seems like a good judge of a player to me.

Release

Elliott

Turner

Vassell

Tonge

Rawlinson

Angus

Jury out for me on

Calverley

Benns

Remain unconvinced

For me I would add Miller to that list. Not worth the hassle and not very good anyway.

I would give Angus a chance too. Maybe 6 months? He has done well in his loan spells and hasn’t been given a fair chance here

I would definitely keep Conlon. Think he’s actually our best midfielder after Manny

Question marks over Kay and Hannant too but would lean to keeping both as I think they both have things to offer and are reliable

For me I would add Miller to that list. Not worth the hassle and not very good anyway.

I would give Angus a chance too. Maybe 6 months? He has done well in his loan spells and hasn’t been given a fair chance here

I would definitely keep Conlon. Think he’s actually our best midfielder after Manny

Question marks over Kay and Hannant too but would lean to keeping both as I think they both have things to offer and are reliable

Miller has gone already. Gibbons may get a 2nd chance. Don’t be surprised to see Hannant released.

Too many of them are unprofessional.

I'd literally release as many as we possibly can.

No one in this team is irreplaceable. Rebuild starts here. Two seasons of underachievement needs to be culled.

If they don't fancy it, or aren't good enough, show them the door; they just finished 20th.

I won't be sad to see any of them leave.

Miller was in my ' bad eggs ' list.

Forgot about Kay, can't knock him really but at 37 in October is he really what we need.

Hannant again, hard worker, end product? Very little really.

Archived