onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite

Heatwave

I used to try and balance all the hatred towards him by reminding myself that he did at least front up for supporters evenings and radio shows, something that many other chairmen (of other clubs) didn't or wouldn't. Even now I don't understand why he did that when he had long wanted out - unless he needed an excuse to be "working late".

For the sake of other clubs I hope his antics (and whatever B and G had on him) become widely known, but for the sake of our club I hope we can forget him as quickly as possible.

Advert

If Norman was to read this I would like to say thank you for purchasing the club and taking us out of admin, regardless if you were the only or the one of a hundred bidders. I'm glad someone bought the club, even if you were the wrong person.

I would also like to say thank you for not putting is into admin and selling the club to the right people. They may have been the only bidders, but I'm still thankful we have the right owners in place who have the club at heart. I won't particularly look back fondly of your time owning the club.

To be fair to Emile I think that when Smurthwaite took over with Paul Wildes they were seen as the dream team by most, particularly as they got us promoted. Let's not forget him being chaired round the Crown when we went up.

It was after Wildes left that the rot set in.

The previous owner is a rude, unpleasant man who has a very limited grasp of the truth on occasions. I'm delighted he's gone and thank him for absolutely nothing.

Very polite Jean. He was an absolute disgrace.

To be fair to Emile I think that when Smurthwaite took over with Paul Wildes they were seen as the dream team by most, particularly as they got us promoted. Let's not forget him being chaired round the Crown when we went up.

Funnily enough he was outside The Crown on Saturday night.DSC_0617.jpg

Wilde’s was the brains and Smurthwaite was as thick as [email protected] was happy to invest to improve the club like giving Pope a new contract but Smurthwaite was only interested in taking the money.

Like I say on my post, I'm glad someone bought the club at the time where it felt we were really in a rut. He turned out to be the wrong person to buy it. I'm also glad he sold up instead of putting us into admin, despite that being an illogical option, he had a history of doing the illogical.

I'm glad he's gone. He won't be remembered fondly in my eyes but I would rather be the bigger person and say thanks and goodbye for good. Not to say I don't appreciate peoples hatred for the man.

Like I say on my post, I'm glad someone bought the club at the time where it felt we were really in a rut. He turned out to be the wrong person to buy it. I'm also glad he sold up instead of putting us into admin, despite that being an illogical option, he had a history of doing the illogical.

I'm glad he's gone. He won't be remembered fondly in my eyes but I would rather be the bigger person and say thanks and goodbye for good. Not to say I don't appreciate peoples hatred for the man.

I absolutely despise the guy.

Wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire.

Absolutely vile, disgusting scumbag for the way he's treated this club and it's fans.

I won't forget.

Archived