onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite

Heatwave

Advert

GREAT NEWS, my last thought before I delete his name and time spent at my club from my memoury is I HOPE THE TAX MAN HAS HIS NUMBER...

Interestingly Synectics work for the government investigating fraud.

Would hope Smurthwaite and his dodgy deals are top of their list.

I just hope for the sake of football that he is never able to get his hands on another football club. We got lucky this time by having people who were willing to pay well over the odds to wrestle it back from him. I doubt the next club will be so lucky.

I just hope for the sake of football that he is never able to get his hands on another football club. We got lucky this time by having people who were willing to pay well over the odds to wrestle it back from him. I doubt the next club will be so lucky.

He's been fortunate enough to be able to sell two football clubs the space of around 6 months.

At least he hasn't dragged it out to the lengths V2001 did and for that I am pleased. But he certainly took us to similar depths (league position wise) and for that alone let's hope the latter part of his tenure can be consigned to history books before anymore damage is done.

I won't go in for all the abuse of Norman but I will certainly raise a glass to Carol and Kevin tonight at bowls and wish them all the best.

So, so happy today, but re that specimen of humanity - i have to say it makes me angry that he made a profit on the deal, as he said he would. especially as a lot of the DL's owing to him were due to his massive mistakes, (Bruno) and siphoning club funds off ,eg catering and God knows what else. Plus alienating the fans. Hope he gets his comeuppance somewhere down the line. Surely the EFL will never allow him near another club?

Hope to God the new owners get the remaining Hugill monies!!

PS, nice touch that this thread is in the PV Past section!!

He should have gone when Wildes left instead of losing us about 40 league places.

Oh, and if he had taken my advice about the floodlighting there wouldn't still be a dark patch in the Railway/Bycars corner.

Bye bye Gorm. Hope not to see you again.

Never thought i would commend him for anything. Let us be reasonable he got one thing correct, he sold the club. Well done Norman.

I don't commend him for anything,he has hung around like a very bad smell and could have got out earlier I have no intention of being reasonable the man is a disgrace.

If somebody wrote a script about a bumbling oaf who accidentally bought a football club, gave him big daft hair and called him something like 'Norman Smurthwaite', it would probably be rejected for too on the nose or a poor parody of that Barnstoneworth episode of Ripping Yarns.

In between the long periods of abject despair, there were at the very least some moments of sheer comedy gold where I'd have to go away from my desk and lock myself in a toilet cubicle because I was laughing that hard. So I suppose we have to thank the buffoon for that at the very least.

Mind how you go Norman. Be smart, be safe.

Archived