onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

On this theme Darren after Guthrie's performance at Vale Park I looked back to see if he played vs Vale at Stevenage and he did but didn't score, I couldn't remember him being outstanding in that fixture (I watched it on (iFollow).

So whether his performance at Vale Park was due to the tactics employed, his team played well, our central defenders had an off day etc who knows but it is a no brainer to watch a player many times to get a solid opinion of abilities.

Absolutely Paul. If Guthrie played like he did agains us at VP then he would be playing in the Championship. He probably plays like that once every 5 games or so like a lot of players in L2. Hands up who thought Miller would be brilliant when he was almost unplayable on his debut last season? Can anyone remember any other game when he was unplayable? Mansfield at home then any other games? I'm struggling.

I bet Cambridge fans where saying the same about Miller last season as Vale fans for Guthrie. The only reason Mansfield weren't was they knew what he was like over a long period of time when he was there on loan!

Point is Guthrie was excellent that day but every dog has its day.

Advert

Think the signing was Jordan Bowery but he jumped ship to sign for M K Dons.

They are sitting on the Ryan Lloyd signing so they can deflect the criticism by announcing a positive signing at the same time so it won’t affect season ticket sales when the S@it hits the fan.

Ernie don't post things which you know nothing about. IT WAS NOT BOWERY!

I tell you who I’d like to see us sign. Micky Adams.

Call me mad but as far as I can see we have owners who haven’t the first clue as to how to run a football club.

They are putting all their faith in Colin Garlick.

Let Colin get on with the day to day work. Let John manage the team.

Get Micky as a director of football.

He said on the Vale Podcast that he would love to be a director of football and he still loves the club.

Get him back.

At least get in contact with him and use his knowledge.

Call me mad but as far as I can see we have owners who haven’t the first clue as to how to run a football club.

He said on the Vale Podcast that he would love to be a director of football and he still loves the club.

Get him back.

How do you think it would be different with Micky at the club? Your post sounds like you think the owners are doing a poor job already! I assume this is based on the lack of signings but none of us on here have a clue what is going on with negotiations and also how much they are actually involved in player acquisition.

Get him back.

Absolutely stunning. 5 weeks in and we have the literal quote 'we have owners who haven't the first clue how to run a football club'.

5 weeks. What a horrendously entitled fanbase.

I need a break from this.

Think the signing was Jordan Bowery but he jumped ship to sign for M K Dons.

They are sitting on the Ryan Lloyd signing so they can deflect the criticism by announcing a positive signing at the same time so it won’t affect season ticket sales when the S@it hits the fan.

I have come to realise that Ernie is just attention seeking and I have fallen for it.

Examples include:

Making stuff up:

- Akinfenwa

- Bowery

Saying stupid stuff to get a reaction :

- Lloyd will be on the same money as Durrell

- vale should sign 37 yr old Nathan Tyson

And when he does find something that gets a reaction, he repeats it over and over and over and over:

- Dodds

- Lloyd

- calling people ’Happy Clapper’

I’m not sure why he does it, but he clearly needs/enjoys it in his life!

My apologies for engaging him over the last few weeks. I have always been worried his opinion will bring people down... not needed in the new era.

Good luck Ern, I hope you find what you need to make you happy.

Oh dear this thread seems to replicate much of the negativity that existed when Mr Smurthwaite was in charge. Thankfully there are some sensible voices. Our number of signings is up there in terms of numbers. The manager is building a squad so he needs players with different attributes. He is looking at character and commitment. We have secured Scott Brown, David Worrall and Manny Oyeleke on longer deals, any team in our league would welcome them in their squad. We have good owners who are communicating better than we have ever seen before. Things will be quiet whilst the CEO takes a holiday. I am sure that the manager will be away at some point. It's summer let's chill and enjoy World Cup cricket and the English women's football team, take our own holidays and look forward to a good Port Vale season. All this angst over players we have not yet signed is not good for the blood pressure.

Get him back.

I'm assuming you'd gone to the loo in Pink when you made that post

Absolutely stunning. 5 weeks in and we have the literal quote 'we have owners who haven't the first clue how to run a football club'.

5 weeks. What a horrendously entitled fanbase.

I need a break from this.

They don’t!

Stop happy clapping!

Today they have stated they are employing a stadium manager!

Fantastic news!

They are learning as they go and I’m merely stating employ people in roles at the club, who know what they are doing to improve us!

Now what’s wrong with that?

Get him back.

Very impatient, as I recall our mentor club is Accrington Stanley, whereas we were previously taking advice from Blackpool. Comparing the respective chairmen gives me more confidence now, we also have John Rudge who I would expect to have a better reception of his advice.

Archived