Jump to content
leedsvaliant

Who should we sign?

Recommended Posts

So we have

Brown
Crooks
Kennedy
Smith
Legge
Gibbons
Joyce
Burgess
Oyeleke
Conlon
Worrall
Monty
Lloyd
Pope
Bennett
Cullen


Have I missed anyone ???
Askey has said he wants a full back winger and keeper

So that’s 19 he will want 23 players surely ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vale victory said:

So we have

Brown
Crooks
Kennedy
Smith
Legge
Gibbons
Joyce
Burgess
Oyeleke
Conlon
Worrall
Monty
Lloyd
Pope
Bennett
Cullen


Have I missed anyone ???
Askey has said he wants a full back winger and keeper

So that’s 19 he will want 23 players surely ?

Trickett-Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably look at loan players late in the window.

We might be better positioned now to get one or two good ones in. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whitfield undoubtedly has talent.

Not a player I would want to see playing against us.

It's the ugly side of the game that needs developing. Tackling, covering, defending...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Whitfield undoubtedly has talent.

Not a player I would want to see playing against us.

It's the ugly side of the game that needs developing. Tackling, covering, defending...

He has talent.

Key worries:

Worrying lack of stamina

Not quite talented enough to not do the parts of his game you highlight which he doesn't appear to enjoy.

This is his season either to come good or disappear out of full-time football. Currently their are a few odd moments in games and an occasional good 60 minutes. He needs to find ways to consistently influence games even when he isn't matched up with a player he can run rings around. There are less capable players making a living in the lower leagues; although there are equally talented players at places like Kidsgrove. It's obvious what he needs to do, it's up to him to knuckle down to achieve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Maybe Whitfield will have learnt his lesson and will come good for us. He could be a good player if he put his mind to it.

Anyone who saw his layoff for Pope against Luton a while ago will recognise he has the skill; he just needs the application. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 5:36 PM, valiant_593 said:

Seen it all summer just looked like he was on the photo. 

 

Apparently peter whittingham on trial? 

AKA Kennedy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like 6 on trial at training today. That's quite a few. 2 keepers, a right back, midfielder and two forwards/wingers.

Let's hope that 1-2 of them prove their worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Which Kennedy is that? 

Kieran - the guy signed from Wrexham. It appears some people appear to be confusing an image of our new centre-half Kieran Kennedy as an image of a trialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Looks like 6 on trial at training today. That's quite a few. 2 keepers, a right back, midfielder and two forwards/wingers.

Let's hope that 1-2 of them prove their worth.

There was one lad I didn’t recognise who looked like Jofra Archer

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Keepers aside, have any of the trialists been identified yet?

UV on twitter reckons Shawn Cummings and Kwane Thomas are two of them. A Leicester youth keeper also and Darlington Keeper Maddison are two others.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

UV on twitter reckons Shawn Cummings and Kwane Thomas are two of them. A Leicester youth keeper also and Darlington Keeper Maddison are two others.

Cummings would be a solid signing as right back. 30years old, Played in the Prem and Championship and has been back up in league 1 for the last two season.

Thomas is the Jofra Archer lookalike... 23 years old, 6’4 striker. He was the next big thing at Derby before a move to Coventry and a bad abdominal injury held him back. Has been playing at Solihull Moores and on loan at kidserminster. Hasn’t troubled the score sheet much but let’s see what Askey thinks about how he could be used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Cummings would be a solid signing as right back. 30years old, Played in the Prem and Championship and has been back up in league 1 for the last two season.

Thomas is the Jofra Archer lookalike... 23 years old, 6’4 striker. He was the next big thing at Derby before a move to Coventry and a bad abdominal injury held him back. Has been playing at Solihull Moores and on loan at kidserminster. Hasn’t troubled the score sheet much but let’s see what Askey thinks about how he could be used.

Would be happy if both signed. Right back has good pedigree. The striker would be 4th choice anyway so probably the right kind of signing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Danny Mayor gone Plymouth

Incredibly good signing for them! I expected him  to go to league 1 

Edited by Iron Curtain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy