Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Unofficial vale saying that Askey is meeting the press on Friday and that he and Garlick have been on holiday.

George Andrews also hinting we could have a signing/s later on this week which would of course coincide with the return of Askey. Let's hope its some really world beaters or else this site will go into inevitable meltdown.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For absolute clarity I don’t think anyone has an issue with the fact that Ernie has a different opinion. In fact I think there are a large number that agree with him.

What they do have an issue with is the way he ruins every single thread by bringing up his vendetta at every possible opportunity... and his reparative negative comments and silly nicknames aimed at a player who will be doing his best in the new era.

Have a different opinion... fine

Act like a schoolboy... annoying

Agreed...

I take it a box to box midfielder qualifies for both? Strikers not rewarded for defending from the front / role at defending set plays?

Ian Taylor and Robbie Earle would of been very rich men under Ernies' ingenious incentive scheme

I'm hoping that Phil Sproson is right and we've kept a few quid under the mattress in order to sign one or two decent forwards.

If the manager is back at work tomorrow and players' contracts are up on the last day of June we might see some movement in the next 10 days.

Fingers crossed.

It would be nice to see a name or two to get us salivating.

Or a striker clears off the line at a corner?

It’s a team game and the benefits are shared out between the squad.If I was a defender and scored a goal I would be happy that the forwards were being rewarded for my goal.Same as if I was a forward and cleared the ball off the line the defenders would get the benefit of a clean sheet.Over the season it would balance out between defenders and forwards and encourage players by getting extra pay from their efforts by scoring goals and keeping clean sheets and is self financing.

It also means that only players in the team get the benefits.

Archived