leedsvaliant

Who should we sign?

I know more about football than the people on here thinking Ryan Lloyd is the next Messi.

Not seen anyone saying that Ryan is the new Messi

I will throw this one in tho

Ernie is the new REP

How sad is that

Some proper creatures on this forum. At one point it was a fun place to visit, filled with whit & good humour. Them days are long gone sadly.

Making things up, criticisms of players who have yet to pull on the shirt (or even sign), plus criticism of the new owners for some reason. Very sad behaviour.

Let’s trust what happening & have a positive outlook. We’ve been run into the ground for the last 3 years. It won’t be fixed in 4 weeks.

I agree, totally agree!

But as I'm sure the Shanahans also understand, healing takes time.

We are all forever in debt to them, for sending the fat one away. But we have been lied to and treated like crap, for so long now, that the wounds are very deep!

As the old saying goes: "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it." And we have had almost a decade of crap from the fat one. We haven't even seen a pre-season friendly over the new ownership yet.

And while they are genuine terrific people, we are a football club and we the fans, want to see an improvement on the football side as well.

I'm not expecting a miracle next season, just a decent way forward and a finish between 11th and 15th. Our self-understanding has taken a big, huge, giant knock, and needs time to get back on it's feet. I agree with those who say, we should be a middle League 1 team at least. But that is not where we are right now, and that is not where we are going to be next season.

So while I agree we should trust what is happening and be positive, trust have to be earned, no matter who you are. Especially after the decade we have just left. It has to be a 2 way street.

We must back the owners and the team, and they in return must understand, that the fans need time to heal as well.

Played more games than Lloyd last season and scored more goals.

he scored one solitary goal. Is that all it takes to impress you?

I know more about football than the people on here thinking Ryan Lloyd is the next Messi.

You know more about football - pure comedy gold that.

Some proper creatures on this forum. At one point it was a fun place to visit, filled with whit & good humour. Them days are long gone sadly.

Making things up, criticisms of players who have yet to pull on the shirt (or even sign), plus criticism of the new owners for some reason. Very sad behaviour.

Let’s trust what happening & have a positive outlook. We’ve been run into the ground for the last 3 years. It won’t be fixed in 4 weeks.

Well said.......:clap::clap::clap:

Very sad behaviour indeed.

We'd all love a load of transfers to come flooding in to ease the boredom of having not matches, but it will happen when it happens.

We still need about 10 signings so they have to come in at some point.

The only transfer I'm jealous of so far is Ashley Nadesan signing for Crawley. Would have liked him at Vale.

Watson and Joe Martin are solid signings for Northampton too.

Nothing stands out so far really (apart from $alford blowing more ££££ on Towell).

Bradford have signed James Vaughan.

Okay I'm jealous of that one! But he's out of our league and Bradford will have the financial clout from no doubt having the highest attendances next season.

We'd all love a load of transfers to come flooding in to ease the boredom of having not matches, but it will happen when it happens.

Doesn't pre-season training start in about 10 days time, so you'd think that Askey would want as many of his squad as possible in place for that.

Or maybe he doesn't place as much emphasis on it like Micky Adams used to, who had the players doing loads of running and physical work when pre-season started.

I doubt we will see 10 signings, more likely 5 or 6. It will be a much leaner squad this time.

Doesn't pre-season training start in about 10 days time, so you'd think that Askey would want as many of his squad as possible in place for that.

Or maybe he doesn't place as much emphasis on it like Micky Adams used to, who had the players doing loads of running and physical work when pre-season started.

When askey came in they did far more running as he felt the squad was not fit. Obviously it depends on how much they were previously doing, but it was definitely a strong focus. Can’t see that changing for pre season.

I doubt we will see 10 signings, more likely 5 or 6. It will be a much leaner squad this time.

id hope not, if we assue weve signed 4 already only bringing in another 2 would be very very low on quality. Although that will happen if you sign Macc Towns reserves from two years ago

id hope not, if we assue weve signed 4 already only bringing in another 2 would be very very low on quality. Although that will happen if you sign Macc Towns reserves from two years ago

apologies if I wasn't clear, but I meant another 5 or 6.