onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Askey himself said he played Manny when not fully fit because of his importance to the team. A full fit Manny is a class act at this level.

Think we won 4, drew 3 and lost the one game he wasn't fit. Big player for us as and when fit.

Advert

Askey himself said he played Manny when not fully fit because of his importance to the team. A full fit Manny is a class act at this level.

Not disagreeing one bit. Manny is our best outfield player who I think should be in league 1. Just didn’t think he stood out as much compared to brown and Worrall under askey.

Brown

New RB, Legge, Smith, Crookes

Manny, Joyce, Conlon

Worrall, New Striker, New LW

Bench: Kennedy, Montano, Burgess, Pope, Lloyd, Gibbons (?), AN Other

Our double barrelled trio of Trickett Smith, Campell-Gordon, and Green-Birch in reserve/out on loan

5 key signings away from a very competitive League 2 team, the striker being the most important. If we managed to get Clark back that would be superb. The loan market will probably provide another good starting player.

Call me mad, but I don't think this summer is as apocalyptic as some make out on here.

Brown

Manny, Joyce, Conlon

Our double barrelled trio of Trickett Smith, Campell-Gordon, and Green-Birch in reserve/out on loan

5 key signings away from a very competitive League 2 team, the striker being the most important. If we managed to get Clark back that would be superb. The loan market will probably provide another good starting player.

Call me mad, but I don't think this summer is as apocalyptic as some make out on here.

Well i hope the next 4/5 signigs are goalscoring ones because that side looks massively short of goals once again.

I feel a lot lot better now Manny has signed as I expected him to leave. To keep him for another 2 years entering his prime is fantastic news!

I was a little premature in dismissing the Kennedy signing purely as he was quoted as being 6'0 on the Wrexham website. I've seen some videos of him and he looks much taller and aerially dominant. That coupled with the disappointed reaction from Wrexham has changed my opinion and it looks a good signing on paper. Burgess and Crookes will be reliable backup too.

I'm really excited to see what forward players we bring in now!

Oyeleke is a massive signing.

I to feel I may have jumped the gun, Kennedy seems like a good acquisition for the first team. I would even be willing to play him ahead of Legge, who I feel can be prone to a mistake. I guess we will see how the friendlies go, looking forward too Kidsgrove in a few weeks!

Brown

Manny, Joyce, Conlon

Personally, I'd query whether Legge, Crookes, possibly Conlon and possibly Joyce should be nailed on regular starters, considering that they all under-performed for not-insignificant spells last season IMO.

I suppose that Kennedy would be the replacement for Legge, maybe Burgess for Conlon, but having Lloyd or Montano at left-back is worrying, and is there presently an alternative to Joyce since Kay left?

Still quite a bit of quality for Askey to bring in, which I'm (hopefully) sure he will.

Brown

Manny, Joyce, Conlon

Need another centre midfielder. Conlon is ok as a sub and Joyce he was pretty damn awful for most the season and then ok towards the end. I’d certainly be bringing in at least 1 midfielder. Another year older for legge, I’d want another centre half for him potentially as well

I think Montano is one of those mercurial type players who needs careful management to get the best out of him. He is one of the best players we have when he is on his game. We just need to make sure that is more of the time.

Tbh I think he’s ****, he’s one of those who thinks a lot of himself and coasts through games thinking I’ve played ok there.... when in reality he’s made 1/2 things of note and hey presto.... to everyone else, rubbish game. Reminds me of that Sam Kelly fella, does a few world beating things but still mostly rubbish.... he’d be gone for me

Need another centre midfielder. Conlon is ok as a sub and Joyce he was pretty damn awful for most the season and then ok towards the end. I’d certainly be bringing in at least 1 midfielder. Another year older for legge, I’d want another centre half for him potentially as well

Joyce was class under Askey.

Tbh I think he’s ****, he’s one of those who thinks a lot of himself and coasts through games thinking I’ve played ok there.... when in reality he’s made 1/2 things of note and hey presto.... to everyone else, rubbish game. Reminds me of that Sam Kelly fella, does a few world beating things but still mostly rubbish.... he’d be gone for me

Do people forget that Aspin spent large swathes of last pre-season trying to coach Montano into being a centreback, in a back 3? And then abandoning it and playing him at left back? And then abandoning that and making him a left winger? And then abandoning that and playing him off the front man?

Montano is talented, yet slightly lazy and inconsistent. Standard League 2 winger. Definitely worth having him in the squad.

Well i hope the next 4/5 signigs are goalscoring ones because that side looks massively short of goals once again.

We're in the first week of June. You say 'once again' like the window is concluded.

Also, Conlon under competent management is far better than an OK sub. I personally think he's got a good all round game but seem to be in a minority on that front. Nailed on starter next year in my view.

Archived