onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

I think if we sign...A left back who can get up & down, we won’t be far off having a decent looking squad.

Caveat being the...LB need to starting 11 players, not squad players or unknown quantities

I reckon Askey has earmarked Crookes to be the 1st choice left-back, which is why I wasn't keen on him re-signing. I agree with you that we still need a new left-back.

Macc have signed two this afternoon Jak McCourt from Swindon and Joe Ironside from Kidderminster they must be paying wages again

The lovely Jak , gobbing off at us at Chesterfield, then been taken off very slowly for Swindon last season . Though in fairness he did get hurt !!

Macc have signed two this afternoon Jak McCourt from Swindon and Joe Ironside from Kidderminster they must be paying wages again

Now we can sign Durrell to play with Manny.

Some good news finally that Manny has signed a 2 year deal.

We won more matches when he was in the team last year.

The best signing so far was definitely Brown. Seems like ages ago now. If Manny can stay fit, he could be great for us. Need a good striker to be top priority now.

I agree about Brown, wasn't he under contract anyway but chose to extend ?

Both Worrall and Oyeleke had the option to leave. Both stayed.

Big statement of intent that shows. Possibly both had a wage increase to fend off interest.

Well done everybody.

To of lost one or both would of been a blow.

I feel a lot lot better now Manny has signed as I expected him to leave. To keep him for another 2 years entering his prime is fantastic news!

I was a little premature in dismissing the Kennedy signing purely as he was quoted as being 6'0 on the Wrexham website. I've seen some videos of him and he looks much taller and aerially dominant. That coupled with the disappointed reaction from Wrexham has changed my opinion and it looks a good signing on paper. Burgess and Crookes will be reliable backup too.

I'm really excited to see what forward players we bring in now!

I feel a lot lot better now Manny has signed as I expected him to leave. To keep him for another 2 years entering his prime is fantastic news!

I was a little premature in dismissing the Kennedy signing purely as he was quoted as being 6'0 on the Wrexham website. I've seen some videos of him and he looks much taller and aerially dominant. That coupled with the disappointed reaction from Wrexham has changed my opinion and it looks a good signing on paper. Burgess and Crookes will be reliable backup too.

Good of you to admit it.

Need that striker and winger now. I think everyone will calm down then.

Where are those video clips?

Who were our best 3 players under Askey?

Brown, Worrall, and Manny

All 3 have decided to commit their future to us, with the latter 2 having the option to leave.

More positive times coming.

Wouldn’t say manny was one of our best players under askey. Under aspin definitely. Barely played under askey.

Wouldn’t say manny was one of our best players under askey. Under aspin definitely. Barely played under askey.

Manny played in 8 games under Askey, so you're right in the fact he didn't play a great deal.

However, we won 4 of those games. The Askey and Manny combination yielded 50% win. Askey didn't win any games when Manny wasn't playing. He's fundamental to the way he wants to play. When he was fit, he was our best player under Askey, bar Worrall. When we went on a good run under Askey, it was largely due to Manny being at his best.

Askey himself said he played Manny when not fully fit because of his importance to the team. A full fit Manny is a class act at this level.

Archived