onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

Yes he was decent but I just don't understand the clamour for ex players,as I say Foley is leaving Northampton and I don't want him either tbh

I'm not one for ex-players usually but he only had a loan spell here as a teenager about 10 years ago!

He's had a great career since then and looking objectively, I think he would be a good signing.

I want natural full backs next season, not players out of position playing there (Crookes, Montano, Rawlinson, Davis etc).

Phil Sproson mentioned the number 28 Guthrie from Stevenage. A big unit, mobile and caused us problems. If he could learn not to keep falling over he'd be a good addition.

He also mentioned Joe Piggott at Wimbledon - 20 goals in 58 L1 games would suggest he's another that's way out of our price bracket!

Let’s try signing any player that has never played for us before, would be a real good start.

Always annoys me that we can only sign or be linked with players or coaches that have a connection with the club.

Some ambitious youth teamers would be good ala, goodlad, bridgey, brooker, McPhee. We have to many has beens and non league no hopers.

I suspect it will be a mix of non-league talent and experienced pro's this time around. What are the odds on picking up someone from Crewe or Macc?

I trust Askey to bring in what he thinks we need without flooding us with a massive squad.

I don't think it matters who we sign, and from where, as long as they are good players.

You can't make hard and fast rules based on a few isolated cases.

Pope is an ex player we signed and he's helped to save us from the drop x2 as well as getting us up under Adams.

I imagine we are all glad that we signed him again.

Always an element of risk, injuries, personalities, cohesion, apart from the abilities available at our level which will be similar with most teams at our level. An edge in the budget and managerial ability makes all the difference.

Phil Sproson mentioned the number 28 Guthrie from Stevenage. A big unit, mobile and caused us problems. If he could learn not to keep falling over he'd be a good addition.

Kurtis Guthrie was excellent at Vale Park for Stevenage, Nathan Smith couldn't handle his pace and power, game at Stevenage was 0-0. Decent scoring record in Lge 2 but no idea of his contract situation at Stevenage.

Kurtis Guthrie was excellent at Vale Park for Stevenage, Nathan Smith couldn't handle his pace and power, game at Stevenage was 0-0. Decent scoring record in Lge 2 but no idea of his contract situation at Stevenage.

Out of contract on 30 June this year. Doubt if we'd go for him though because he's a like for like with Pope and couldn't see either settling for anything but first choice no 9. Could they play together?

I suspect it will be a mix of non-league talent and experienced pro's this time around. What are the odds on picking up someone from Crewe or Macc?

I trust Askey to bring in what he thinks we need without flooding us with a massive squad.

He is used to working on a limited budget at Macc and spending wisely so hopefully won’t take any prisoners when dealing with the existing bench warmers and sick notes.

Out of contract on 30 June this year. Doubt if we'd go for him though because he's a like for like with Pope and couldn't see either settling for anything but first choice no 9. Could they play together?

FFS. From what I saw of Guthrie against us at VP he could only be our first choice no9. This bloody fascination with keeping TP in the starting 11 at all costs is really grating on me now. History shows that pretty much anyone who plays alongside TP falls by the wayside. One common denominator in all those years....

FFS. From what I saw of Guthrie against us at VP he could only be our first choice no9. This bloody fascination with keeping TP in the starting 11 at all costs is really grating on me now. History shows that pretty much anyone who plays alongside TP falls by the wayside. One common denominator in all those years....

I wouldn't go quite that far but we're better off using Tom as an impact sub, if only to prevent the resurgence of Popeball.

New players and different tactics please John.

Archived