onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

Being suggested that Lloyd is next to sign, so I'm gonna dip and avoid this forum over the weekend to avoid being hit by any shrapnel in the inevitable meltdown/implosion on here over the signing of a rotational midfielder.

Have a lovely weekend, Valiants!

Fine by me.

We'll be signing all kinds of players from different levels I imagine and no doubt a few well known names will appear in due course.

It's hard to find left footed, tall, left sided defenders who are young enough to improve and probably not yet on much of a wage.

Splash the cash on a league one full back with 400 league appearances and we've far less to spend on attackers.

He

If Lloyd is next, that's a very underwhelming first 3 signings

All these decent players being released by clubs and we are still considering signing Lloyd.I understand he has been offered a contract by Chester so Askey is panicking in case he loses out.( That’s about his level)

Concentrate on getting some decent first team players in instead of bench warmers like Lloyd.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Quality not quantity.

Fine by me.

We'll be signing all kinds of players from different levels I imagine and no doubt a few well known names will appear in due course.

It's hard to find left footed, tall, left sided defenders who are young enough to improve and probably not yet on much of a wage.

Splash the cash on a league one full back with 400 league appearances and we've far less to spend on attackers.

Good defence on performance, so concentrate improving the attack will take some pressure of as well.

Being suggested that Lloyd is next to sign, so I'm gonna dip and avoid this forum over the weekend to avoid being hit by any shrapnel in the inevitable meltdown/implosion on here over the signing of a rotational midfielder.

Have a lovely weekend, Valiants!

Gives Ernie moss something to moan at he is comedy genius is Ernie

Back when football league clubs had more money, players could expect all sorts of add-ons when joining a new club. Signing on fees, relocation money, maybe even a house or car. Is this still the case? Are there hidden expenses when signing new players?

Yes .... everyone wants the best package. Partly why clubs tend to get locally based players. I rent a couple of houses to players at local clubs and get paid directly by the clubs concerned.

He

All these decent players being released by clubs and we are still considering signing Lloyd.I understand he has been offered a contract by Chester so Askey is panicking in case he loses out.( That’s about his level)

Concentrate on getting some decent first team players in instead of bench warmers like Lloyd.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Quality not quantity.

Goooooooarn Ern!!

A couple of days off butvthe Lloyd word has reared it’s head again... so who will be the relentless warrior of doom, who will constantly let us know they don’t rate the lad, who will drag his name up at every opportunity! Super Ern!!

Relentless!!

Goooooooooooooarn!!

Don't think he's holding us to ransom Ernie.

This is a big deal for him. Leaving home etc at a young age. Allegedly it's Colchester, does he want to move that far even if they offer him a bit more money.

Then you have to weigh up for example if he actually wants to play left back.

Maybe he sees himself as a CH so possibly thinking of how much game time.

Will be a lot of factors.

Holding us to ransom is a bit harsh

Agreed,he wont be an high earner,Sproson said the money on offer to him was more or less the same

Yes .... everyone wants the best package. Partly why clubs tend to get locally based players. I rent a couple of houses to players at local clubs and get paid directly by the clubs concerned.

Signing-on fees too? I'm sure I read these were now a thing of the past. I only ask as I'm wondering if replacing players like Hornby, even if the replacement is on the same wage, will cost us extra.

Good acquisition to the squad.

Bit of criticism about him by some but he's the right age and away from home was solid.

No moaning from me,as people have said he was part of the 3rd best defence in the division,a steady player who is young enough to vastly improve,some say about his last couple of games well they were all **** in them(apart from Bury),nothing to play for etc... a good pre-season for him will work wonders,i am happy with this one...looks like Lloyd will be next and although I wont be happy there,i will back him and Askeys judgement on signings

Archived