onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

A smaller squad would mean if we had the same budget we could afford to pay higher wages for the correct players.Good early Season ticket sales would help improve the playing side.We shouldn’t wait around for players edging their bets waiting for better offers.

We don’t want the dregs no other club wants like in previous seasons.

Are you capable of posting without editing?

Advert

Would have thought Kristian Dennis is a likely signing. Flopped at County, so almost certainly available; was a success for Askey in the past. Proved he's capable of scoring at this level. Looking at the list of players who scored more than Pope in the league most will either move up a league or are still under contract at their clubs and unlikely to be available. Maybe Devitt from Carlisle as he's out of contract and they always seem to have financial problems. Other than that it's a bit of a blank canvas.

Dennis has been relegated from the EFL two seasons running now. Bad luck follows him around just like Foley!

not sure mate but he did look effective and didn't wilt, poss would compliment pope .

If he had a pre-season might be able to improve further but only seem him for 1 game

Yes, it's Durrell. He may be short and fat but he's really effective in midfield. Just think of John Robertson, aka Billy Bunter, who played for Forest on the wing when they won the Euro club championship (twice) - derided by visiting fans for his waistline, they couldn't handle him. He was a smoker too - those were the days!

Yes, it's Durrell. He may be short and fat but he's really effective in midfield. Just think of John Robertson, aka Billy Bunter, who played for Forest on the wing when they won the Euro club championship (twice) - derided by visiting fans for his waistline, they couldn't handle him. He was a smoker too - those were the days!

remember him , great player and what a team that played for each other.

Retained lists are starting to come out now and I think that's where we will pick players up from as well as those refusing contracts at their clubs....none from Grimsby interest me though

Releasing Wes Thomas surprised me - he was their top scorer with 12 goals (the next top scorer got 5) this season. His ratio being around 1 goal for every 3 games.

He's not someone I'd go for though with him being 32, I think we need to move away from short term fixes and sign players who will be with us for 4-5 years now to build spirit and continuity.

Releasing Wes Thomas surprised me - he was their top scorer with 12 goals (the next top scorer got 5) this season. His ratio being around 1 goal for every 3 games.

He's not someone I'd go for though with him being 32, I think we need to move away from short term fixes and sign players who will be with us for 4-5 years now to build spirit and continuity.

I think with players like Thomas it could be that they are the top earners(I think a lot of teams will release their highest earners now),look at all the teams now struggling to pay their players and hitting financial problems,wage demands in the lower leagues will start to drop soon as teams cant keep paying it

Until we see the retained list we don't know the size of the shopping list, but to avoid the clear outs of previous seasons I would expect 5 or 6 of the current team to be fixtures, so something like 8 to come in? We will need a big list to choose from.

Archived