onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

That Carlisle forum getting some real negative comments now

I think that's standard for forums though.

I had a look on there and if you go a bit further back from the most recent threads there are some saying how he had a good performance against so and so, how he scored a cracking goal etc etc...

I would imagine the recent comments about how poor he is are more to do with the standard response from some fans when a player leaves.

I'm sure there's been comments on here when the likes of say Anthony Grant left saying he was absolutely awful and never did anything right. :wink:

That's how I see it too... we have too much of a reliance on Popey. Meaning he often plays when he is not fit. A proper back up who can share the load in games and across the season should allow us to see the best of the Pontiff.

Same here. If we are looking for two or three new strikers then I would imagine the other two would be a different style (Askey has mentioned pace) but I see Bennett as cover / long term replacement for Pope.

Will back him 100% though.

That Carlisle forum getting some real negative comments now

That didn't last long!

I learnt a while ago that forums of leaving players are not the best judge of how a player will perform.

Im reading a lot of football books at the moment (holiday season) and they all say that you cant judge how a player does under one manager in one team and assume it will be the same under another... Especially in the lower leagues. The only thing you can do is judge them on their actual performances.

Unless of course you want to spread a load of negativity and moan all the time. Then other teams forums sl*gging off their old players are perfect!

Going by the clips above he looks fairly lively and quick for a big man.

Hopefully one of those signings that's a slow burner and by Xmas we'll be singing his name!

I'm happy to let Askey judge these things. He surely knows a thing or two about league two/top end of non league.

And Bennett has to be better than the likes of Hooper and Reggie so it's win, win all round.

If we end up chasing the game him and Pope together will be a real handful in the box.

Askey says hopefully another signing will happen on Tuesday. He said something like the new one will be a different type to Pope & Bennett, so assumed from that he was talking about another striker.

His clues were that he was 27, smaller, won things.

Mark Cullen fits the bill.

Small lad

Won promotion from the National league with luton and league 2 with Blackpool

Has a 1 in 4 record in his career

Small lad

I've just read Askey's comments on The Sentinel article, and I was about to look up Cullen to see if he is 27.

Reckon its him too. Think he got a hat-trick for Blackpool in a play-off semi-final against Luton a couple of years ago.

I've just read Askey's comments on The Sentinel article, and I was about to look up Cullen to see if he is 27.

Reckon its him too. Think he got a hat-trick for Blackpool in a play-off semi-final against Luton a couple of years ago.

Good player but a lot of injuries over the last few years.

Small lad

I have no idea on this but a peruse through the released players I found these other contenders...

Brad Inman - won FLT with Crewe, aged 27, available on a free

Paris Cowan-Hall - won promotion with Wycombe, available on a free, is 28 years old but that could be Askey's mistake

I have no idea on this but a peruse through the released players I found these other contenders...

Brad Inman - won FLT with Crewe, aged 27, available on a free

Paris Cowan-Hall - won promotion with Wycombe, available on a free, is 28 years old but that could be Askey's mistake

String rumours suggesting Inman is returning to his native Australia to play in the A-League.

Archived