onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

As it looks like Bury are in deeper trouble than we could have imagine, with their game against MK Dons having been called off on Saturday should we look at trying to sign any of their players. I liked the look of number 2 and 9, but have thrown away the team sheet
Jordan archer and Harry bunn looked decent (the scorers). And I'd take either of those goalkeeps for our back up

I’m shocked people would be happy with 18th. Common. That’s barely an improvement on last year got to be at least aiming for mid table!!!
It's not that I'm happy with it, I just don't think we have improved sufficiently to be mid table. Based on what I've seen in pre season and the business we've done, 18th would be fine by me.

18 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m shocked people would be happy with 18th. Common. That’s barely an improvement on last year got to be at least aiming for mid table!!!

Smurthwaite did a LOT of damage to this club.

People that say they wouldn't be happy with 18th clearly don't appreciate how much he destroyed this club.

Make no bones about it, we are starting from the bottom and 18th would be excellent.

It's not that I'm happy with it, I just don't think we have improved sufficiently to be mid table. Based on what I've seen in pre season and the business we've done, 18th would be fine by me.

Pre-season games literally have no bearing on the season

30 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Smurthwaite did a LOT of damage to this club.

People that say they wouldn't be happy with 18th clearly don't appreciate how much he destroyed this club.

Make no bones about it, we are starting from the bottom and 18th would be excellent.

18th in league two would not be excellent and there is no debate around that. 18th would be bloody rubbish. 

Weve finished 20th the last two seasons. 3 and 4 points off 18th in what were absalutey dire seasons. If we’re only getting 18th then it’s going to be another long season. How 18th can be considered excellent is beyond me. 

He may have done a lot of damage but a 3 point gain on previous seasons and your happy? I’d say top ten we’ve had a good season. Mid table is what I expect if we’re in that bottom 5/6 again then that isn’t excellent.  Might as well pack in if finishing 4 places above relegation to the conference is considered excellent  

3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

18th in league two would not be excellent and there is no debate around that. 18th would be bloody rubbish. 

Weve finished 20th the last two seasons. 3 and 4 points off 18th in what were absalutey dire seasons. If we’re only getting 18th then it’s going to be another long season. How 18th can be considered excellent is beyond me. 

He may have done a lot of damage but a 3 point gain on previous seasons and your happy? I’d say top ten we’ve had a good season. Mid table is what I expect if we’re in that bottom 5/6 again then that isn’t excellent.  Might as well pack in if finishing 4 places above relegation to the conference is considered excellent  

It will be another long season for sure. As I've said, you clearly have no idea how much damage Smurthwaite has done.

Staying up again is imperative. I have no doubt that over the course of the season, the correct infrastructure will be put in place to make us competitive again, but it will take much longer than the 2-3 months Carol and Kevin have had to work with so far.

Just out of interest, if we are to finish 12th as you have mentioned, which 12 teams do you think we're better than (and will finish above)?

Crawley, Morecambe, Cambridge, Carlisle, Macc, Oldham, Leyton Orient, Cheltenham, Grimsby . 

Oldham could be dark horse to struggle, gone down the Bruno road and signed unheralded foreign players from bizarre places, looks a car crash waiting to happen.

Carlisle up to the other day had one striker on the books and are really struggling for signings. 

I've stuck Orient in because of the sad events of the summer and they've lost their best two players.

The rest we should comfortably be competing with.

Don't fancy Walsall to do much either, throw Crewe and Stevenage in the mixer and 12th to 15th is achievable surely 

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

It will be another long season for sure. As I've said, you clearly have no idea how much damage Smurthwaite has done.

Staying up again is imperative. I have no doubt that over the course of the season, the correct infrastructure will be put in place to make us competitive again, but it will take much longer than the 2-3 months Carol and Kevin have had to work with so far.

Just out of interest, if we are to finish 12th as you have mentioned, which 12 teams do you think we're better than (and will finish above)?

I can see how much damage he has done. I don’t understand what makes you think 18th is an excellent season. It’s essentially the same 11 with a couple of decent additions that improve it and a better manager. 18th imo is completely unacceptable. 

I would say. 

Macc

crawley 

morcambe 

cheltenham 

Grimsby 

Carlisle 

cambrige  

I can also see us finishing above the likes of Stevenage, Crewe, orient, Newport, Oldham possibly forest green. There’s no reason why we should finishing higher than these sides. 

What is the reason why these sides should finish above us? 

18th would be a poor season and essentially another hard struggle. For example last year was a low points tally to survive so based on the year before 18th would be a closer call with the drop than this season if someone goes down on 47 points again!

16th would be minimum for me as being acceptable... it shows the damage Smurthwaite did that I'd even consider that remotely decent too!

FGR finished below is in 21st I think in 2018 and managed the play offs the following season so it isn't unthinkable mind.

Archived