onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

Kennedy played two halves at Kidsgrove and Leek.In fact he let in Bott to score their goal at Leek.He is only 6ft tall and doesn’t seem to dominate the opposing forwards.

Must have been difficult from the bench!

Advert

15 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

He wasn’t on the bench then he was in the back four.

Legge and Smith came off at half time.

Kennedy was replaced by Campbell Gordon on 72 mins.

Botts scored on 86.

I don’t want to claim you either weren’t there or are so confused you don’t know who the players are.... BUT...

screenshots of the official Port scale twitter feed of the game to aid you memory. 

BB755F17-E788-458B-8CF4-D2C96D9EA415.png

07924D0D-6A14-4CC2-B62F-95C8296AA91D.png

2 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

I would have signed Mark Marshall as well but he’s gone.

Marshall has signed for league one Gillingham... I’m not sure we would have managed to secure him on Lloyds salary.

its not going very well for you tonight is it Ern?

On 25/07/2019 at 20:03, Erniemossrules said:

Kennedy doesn’t look brilliant and we already have Rawlinson to cover that position.

Come on who in their right mind would prefer Lloyd over Foley.

I'm not saying Lloyd is better than Foley. But a squad of 22 players you need a few bodies to cover. 

I think we have gone for quality this season over quantity. Askey has built a squad. We will probably need strengthening as we go with a few loans but those players can also feature in games. 

Personally I'd rather have Lloyd and Kennedy over Foley but maybe I'm wrong. 

With all this moaning from certain posters ,can I draw everyones attention to the following statement Re. Bury FC

An EFL spokesman said :

" The EFL Board met today in respect of the ongoing matters at Bury FC where it determined that if the League is not in receipt of the previously requested information by Monday 29 July then the club's opening day fixture with MK Dons will be suspended.

Both Bury and MK Dons have been informed of the league's decision."

We dodged a bullet with Smurthwaite and are lucky to have the Shanahans,yet some still moan we should have signed so and so with no regard for budget responsibility,moaning that they don't like the strips, get behind the boys and do what you are supposed to do and support the club.

On 08/05/2019 at 21:32, Erniemossrules said:

Sam Foley is 32 and Chris Lines 33 Billy Clarke 31 so would rather see younger hungry players signed.

8 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

I would have signed Mark Marshall as well but he’s gone.

Hard to reconcile? 

Marshall relied on his pace to be dangerous and I suspect that may have gone now. Good player in his day.

This is a discussion board for passionate football fans.

If folk have different views on players that's fine by me. We all do and we all have our favourites and our dislikes. It was always thus and always will be. 

Ernie has engendered some debate and sparked off interest. 

Everyone can contribute and have their say. And everyone is welcome.

We don't want a North Korean OVF forum, do we? If we all posted exactly the same views it would not be very interesting.

And neither do we want a manufactured situation that just because we've got new owners every player we sign is immune from criticism. It's what fans do. Chill, Enjoy, Laugh. Contribute.

And the sooner we bring back the magician and goal scoring machine that is Louis Dodds, the better. 😉

4 hours ago, TheSage said:

This is a discussion board for passionate football fans.

If folk have different views on players that's fine by me. We all do and we all have our favourites and our dislikes. It was always thus and always will be. 

Ernie has engendered some debate and sparked off interest. 

Everyone can contribute and have their say. And everyone is welcome.

We don't want a North Korean OVF forum, do we? If we all posted exactly the same views it would not be very interesting.

And neither do we want a manufactured situation that just because we've got new owners every player we sign is immune from criticism. It's what fans do. Chill, Enjoy, Laugh. Contribute.

And the sooner we bring back the magician and goal scoring machine that is Louis Dodds, the better. 😉

I totally agree, and have repeated over and over that Ern has a right to an opinion. 

As part of a football forum it would be boring if everyone thought that same.

As part of a democratic football forum however, it’s also well within peoples rights to call him out for:

Making stuff up 

Vilifying one player a season

Relentlessly  ruining every thread by bringing up that one player at every opportunity

Coming up with daft suggestions to justify his vilification

The nature of a none North Korean OVF is that each user reaps what they sew.

22 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Clark signed for Leicester U23 yesterday on a 3 year contract, money talks apart from anything else. Would you have him back? Surely better to develop our own?

Clearly a big factor was looking for a club that paid the most and it’s disappointing to see players choose the non-competitive u23 football over forging a career and building up from lower down, but I get it that  money talks.  Arguably he’s going to go out on loan in January and if he doesn’t make it at Leicester (which I doubt he will) then he’s falling from a higher branch than if he was released from a league 2 club for example.

But there was a story the other day of a young lad getting a 6 year deal at Watford on mega money and he hasn’t got any experience. I see in the sentinel stoke gave a 5 year deal to a young lad with little experience. There’s a tonne of money at clubs in the prem and championship and they are stockpiling players who will end up not making it at their parent club. 

Archived