onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

50 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

There is no need to know  their personal finances. We  do not have to balance the budget.  If the targets`s pay is not known why does it matter. .Even when  Super stars brag about their pay, when we are in that league we still will not know the budgets especially with the numbers of loan players about. Money is not everything, reputation of the club, the manager, prospects commuting distance, lots of variables.

My point is Ernie keeps saying that Askey has totally wasted the budget on unknowns and ex macc players(apart from Cullen,bennett and amoo who he did say were decent) and he could of got better players,so I asked who he would of signed instead given the budget and wages Askey could offer and I am still awaiting these names from him

Advert

27 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

My point is Ernie keeps saying that Askey has totally wasted the budget on unknowns and ex macc players(apart from Cullen,bennett and amoo who he did say were decent) and he could of got better players,so I asked who he would of signed instead given the budget and wages Askey could offer and I am still awaiting these names from him

Fair enough, my point was only a general statement,

On 23/07/2019 at 22:35, toyahw said:

I am sure Rawlinson is a nice man. I am sure he does his best. But he is bloody awful. If he is anywhere near the first team come August we are in for a long old slog. Conlon is the poor man's Hannant.  So ditto. I do not care about their respective car driving skills.

Poor Man’s Hannant. Are you serious? Really? 

Very poor football knowledge. 

7 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

absolutely no chance we will go down or even trouble the bottom 4 places. Macclesfield and Carlisle are in terrible shape going into the new season, and Morecambe will also struggle. It remains to be seen if Orient get over the loss of their manager and best players from last season. 

9 minutes ago, mikey said:

absolutely no chance we will go down or even trouble the bottom 4 places. Macclesfield and Carlisle are in terrible shape going into the new season, and Morecambe will also struggle. It remains to be seen if Orient get over the loss of their manager and best players from last season. 

Tend to agree but there is always a chance things will go wrong, it can happen to the best of teams in this division.

I’m hoping for the opposite, we need that little bit of luck that sees us pushing on to the playoffs.

#believe

39 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

They also say Crewe will finish 3rd... make of that what you will.

7 hours ago, mikey said:

I’m sure Notts County were saying something similar last year. No one can ever be certain.

8 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Crewe 3rd? Talks favourably about youth team players he wouldn’t have seen play unless he was an avid Crewe fan. Calls chris Porter reinvigorated though he scored a similar amount to Tom pope last year with more games. Misses players like amoo out completely and claims that askey doesn’t focus on fitness. We know that fitness has been askeys main focus since arriving. It’s such a nonsense article.

Salford 15th?

If Salford aren't competing by January, they'll just go and spend £££££ again.

They recently pumped in £2m through a new share issue ready for this season.

They lost £3m+ when they were in the National League North. The accounts from last season in the National league will be interesting!

It's staggering amounts of money.

I'd love them to go down but they won't. I wonder what their end game is? Championship football in front of 2,000 fans? I'm still surprised Man Utd's best kids haven't rocked up their yet (like Swindon did with Spurs a few seasons back).

Vile, plastic football club.

11 hours ago, Walka003 said:

I highly doubt Naldrane would be betting on us going down. Anyone with a brain can see that squad is better than last years travesty. We will end up mid table.

Archived