onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

In regards to Oyeleke and Montano's weekly injury bingo, I would expect that one of the behind the scenes jobs the Shanahans would have put in motion by now is going back to a proper physio set-up. They've already hired someone but I'd imagine the whole department is in need of investment after all the neglect. 

Previously, it had to go part-time under Scumthwaite. What an absolute joke.

Advert

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The official video of the first day of training in scotland has been released and makes interesting watching.

No sight of Whitfield

I also couldn’t see Browne or Hurst

Manny in full flow thankfully

Maddison there too. Must be nailed on surely?

5 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

He “made up” that he was a 4th choice signing you mean 😉

I can see what I wrote could be construed as the guy being 4th choice, which is not what I meant at all, just pointing out that he was the 4th one they looked at. (Maybe even the 5th because I am 100% sure I saw Clark at the ground the other week with his agent). We had another right back train with us last week too, whilst Evans hadn’t trained or trialled at all with us and just arrived on Saturday. Clearly Askey trusted his past experience of the lad and it was sorted out really quickly. 

Whitfield hasn’t travelled with the squad to Scotland.

5 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

He “made up” that he was a 4th choice signing you mean 😉

Some of the signings must have been 24th choice.

12 months ago people were complaining about Aspin,s non league signings but are exited by Askey,s Macc Rejects signings.

Oh sorry forgot about your memory loss problem.

9 hours ago, TheSage said:

I think it would be surprising if we went for another right back after signing Evans, and keeping Gibbons here.

I imagine any further developments will now depend on (a) if BW and CR stay or go and (b) the loan market.

I'd want another midfielder here. It isn't looking likely that either Manny or Monty will play 50 games this season and they are two of our better, more established players, so that's a bit of a concern.

If CR goes then we'll need another defender.

I'm not particularly in favour of developing other team's players (as we did with Clark) but if we could strengthen the side with 1-2 good loan players then I'd try and do that, definitely. All lower league clubs do it and some very successfully. A good defensive midfielder would be useful when we are under the cosh away from home.

So we might see an odd one still departing and 2-3 new ones arriving. But only one pre-season game left now so not a lot of time to sort it out, though the loan market is open for a bit longer isn't it?

I think the transfer window is open until the end of August.

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Looks like “goal machine” and 37 year old answer to our need for speed, Nathan Tyson, has failed his trial at Northampton and is now on trial at Notts County. Ern will be gutted! 

Awww...leave Ern alone! You know he likes to mass debate!

22 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Some of the signings must have been 24th choice.

12 months ago people were complaining about Aspin,s non league signings but are exited by Askey,s Macc Rejects signings.

Oh sorry forgot about your memory loss problem.

Do you purposefully ignore the part where people say they are not “excited” but understand how it all fits into a squad based on balancing the budget?

Or is it that you are too stupid to remember people saying it?

Its one or the other because people have said it over and over and over and over again!

Archived