onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

14 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Ernie is going to sh*t his haemorrhoids out at this news!

Another that falls into the bracket of splitting opinion.

If you want cheap athletic cover for RB, and Defensive Mid who “thrived” (according to Macc forum) under Askey then it’s a sensible signing.

if you want expensive glamour players then this ones not for you!

this shows me that Gibbons is definitely first choice this year!

Welcome Callum... if you read this forum, please ignore Erniemossrules. 

He thinks Michael Tongue is a winger... enough said!

No idiot you said Tonge and Pugh didnt play same position as Dodds who has played in midfield  same as Pugh and Tonge.

You really do need help with memory loss.

Advert

30 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Callum Evans signed. 23 year old right back.

Used to play for Macclesfield (of course) 😂😂😂

Signed a two year contract at Macc end of 2017-18 but didn’t play a game?

Just what we need another Macc reject.

Askey shopping in Poundland again to make up the numbers.

Could,nt see anything wrong with Cummings who looked decent and good league experience.

Gibbons still struggling with fitness issues like last year  and Rawlinson and Kennedy can play full back.

Throwing away the budget on squad players again.

You couldn’t make it up.

19 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Gibbons should absolutely be 1st choice RB for me.

Even if we'd have signed Mitch Clark I'd say this. Hope we can get 40+ games out of him this season as he will prove to be a great RB in L2.

We definitely need some cover for left back too and it looks like this lad could play there as well if needed. For me Gibbons could go on to better things, I’ve always thought that. In that 3 month spell from Christmas inbetween his injuries he was easily one of best performers. Just needs a consistent spell under his belt now. Big season for him. I’d also say that this new signing is probably a cheaper option too, which in reality is what I’d have expected if all we were looking for is cover. The Clark thing was a puzzler to me, both him and Gibbons are potential starters, both could be the brightest prospects at full back in this league. It would make no sense having that kind of competition in a full back area, you’re holding one of them back. Plus Clark would be on bigger money because of where he’s come from. Someone who can cover a few positions in defence is the way to go at our level IMO.

On 18/07/2019 at 21:05, darren1810 said:

Durrell is in discussion to stay at Macc according to their fans.

Talking of no disruptive influence, he is allegedly a right weapon of the highest order.

Maybe this is why we haven't made any offer 

Not true he is well liked by the Macclesfield squad. The reason he has not signed is he struggles to keep his weight in check . And he is injury prone. Otherwise a very likeable lad. Rumoured to have been offered a new contract at Macc, but performance related to keeping his weight down.

11 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Signed a two year contract at Macc end of 2017-18 but didn’t play a game?

Just what we need another Macc reject.

Askey shopping in Poundland again to make up the numbers.

Could,nt see anything wrong with Cummings who looked decent and good league experience.

Gibbons still struggling with fitness issues like last year  and Rawlinson and Kennedy can play full back.

Throwing away the budget on squad players again.

You couldn’t make it up.

Played 10 matches last season. In my opinion his best position is as a defensive midfielder. He is pants at right back, but a very steady left back. Very quick player who needs more coaching. Very popular with the other players and supporters at Macc.

32 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

No idiot you said Tonge and Pugh didnt play same position as Dodds who has played in midfield  same as Pugh and Tonge.

You really do need help with memory loss.

You said Tongue and Pugh were cover for Dodds and they “play in the same midfield position”! They don’t and they weren’t... then you went on a weird rampage trying to claim Pugh was a winger because Aspin foolishly played him on the left of midfield against Lincoln.

Photo attached to aid YOUR memory.

a smart person would just ignore it when I point this out to avoid further embarrassment!

The worst thing about Port vale used to be Our fat waster of a chairman, then it was REP... congratulations... now it’s you! You must be proud!! Illustrious company!

#MainMoaner

1148D13F-5564-40DF-8E07-00EB0E79A6A1.png

27 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Crookes in the main did well for us, but also showed he can be exploited as he is not a natural full back. This is why we needed cover there IMO, hopefully the new lad can provide that. 

Personally don’t understand why we sign a player like this who is blatantly back up but release our back up full back in vassell. 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Personally don’t understand why we sign a player like this who is blatantly back up but release our back up full back in vassell. 

Because Askey thinks he is better than Vassell. And he can cover more positions.

More bang for your buck!

Archived