onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

The fact of the matter is, the cost to Synectics release the hostage was obscene. Utterly ripped off.

It was that or have gods knows what happen to the club.

Consequently this first year will have to be a bit lean, even with increased sales. It was that or oblivion. This is a season of chemotherapy to de-Norm the club. Mid table finish, progress off and on the pitch, ramp up commercial sales and reestablish the relationships in the business and football world that buffoon destroyed. 

I'm afraid we're just going to have to tide over until the 20/21 season when things will start to get back on track and we can look towards getting out of this embarrassing dogshlt league. 

Advert

15 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

A smaller playing budget, despite greater season ticket sales? 

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shanahans-port-vale-budget-transfers-3096936

Seems a bit off, given that people reckoned Smurfwaite had not put enough in. 

The budget is smaller but it will be bigger because we won't be paying half a team to be sat on the bench and not playing

That's what I thought.

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

The fact of the matter is, the cost to Synectics release the hostage was obscene. Utterly ripped off.

Consequently this first year will have to be a bit lean, even with increased sales. It was that or oblivion. This is a season of chemotherapy to de-Norm the club. Mid table finish, progress off and on the pitch, ramp up commercial sales and reestablish the relationships in the business and football world that buffoon destroyed. 

I'm afraid we're just going to have to tide over until the 20/21 season when things will start to get back on track and we can look towards getting out of this embarrassing dogshlt league. 

23 minutes ago, Doha said:

Maybe fortune will shine on us with a good cup draw in January, otherwise steady improvement takes time after the last few years of decline.

25 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shanahans-port-vale-budget-transfers-3096936

Spending more on support staff/kit to improve the performance of fewer better players? Budget can be changed for the January break if finances warrant it, Smurfwaite is long gone thankfully.

59 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Smurthwaite ran the club on absolute skeleton staff - why pay another member of staff £30k when he can just pocket £30k?

From Carol's comments, it seems there was a lot wrong with our club when they took over which they are looking to put right now in terms on improving the infrastructure.

After paying the £5.8m ransom I don't imagine there would be much left, if any, to put into the playing side just yet.

It's going to take time to put the foundations in place for us to start generating good returns which can then hopefully be re-invested back into the football operation.

It's absolutely paramount that we retain our football league status again this season, before hopefully becoming more successful afterwards.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

If Whitfield gets shipped out I’d imagine getting Grant in would be a viable option. Shrewsbury would probably be glad to get rid on a free transfer to get him off the payroll. I am pretty confident that one of the factors in him leaving in the first place was a dislike of Smurthwaite, my memory is hazy but I’m sure he’d spoken out about it. 

That is correct.

Personally I think we still need a bit more beef in midfield when necessary. It's a rough and tumble league and sometimes you have to have the personnel that get in the oppo's face and boss it. Don't forget we have no Kay now (I hear the almighty grown) but he was better at that role than Joyce often.

Foley wouldn't be a bad option.

He weighed in with a few goals and had a great engine, not a bad option if we could afford him in my option.

Grant would be excellent but think we would struggle to get him, imagine a few clubs are sniffing around him now. Problem with Grant he moves clubs all the time! He's had 2 or 3 since us, literally a modern day Trevor Benjamin!

Does anyone know which Burnley team is turning up on Saturday.

Apparently they are also playing Crwho on Saturday as well.

Will the First team players be at Vale or Crwho?

Will the Manager be at Vale or Crwho?

Maybe he will split his time at both games whizzing up and down the D road to see both matches.

Or is this just a smokescreen and the Vale first team is playing at Stafford Rangers.

I would be amazed if Askey went for Grant, a bit of a divisive character and the kind we have been getting rid of recently.

The much maligned Kay added height into midfield, muscle and steel, thats an area I feel could do with looking at, Div 2 is rough and tumble and we need to compete.

maybe this is where the loan market could come into play.  

48 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Does anyone know which Burnley team is turning up on Saturday.

Apparently they are also playing Crwho on Saturday as well.

Will the First team players be at Vale or Crwho?

Will the Manager be at Vale or Crwho?

Maybe he will split his time at both games whizzing up and down the D road to see both matches.

Or is this just a smokescreen and the Vale first team is playing at Stafford Rangers.

I think it was said when arranged that Burnley will be sending a mix of players to Vale and Crewe

46 minutes ago, Mario said:

I would be amazed if Askey went for Grant, a bit of a divisive character and the kind we have been getting rid of recently.

The much maligned Kay added height into midfield, muscle and steel, thats an area I feel could do with looking at, Div 2 is rough and tumble and we need to compete.

maybe this is where the loan market could come into play.  

I don't think Askey wants players who disrupt the dressing room,so like you I would be majorly surprised if he signed Grant....I just hope we can get rid of Whitfield and bring in another winger/forward(I do wonder why Durrell hasn't been signed by anyone yet)

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I don't think Askey wants players who disrupt the dressing room,so like you I would be majorly surprised if he signed Grant....I just hope we can get rid of Whitfield and bring in another winger/forward(I do wonder why Durrell hasn't been signed by anyone yet)

Durrell is in discussion to stay at Macc according to their fans.

Talking of no disruptive influence, he is allegedly a right weapon of the highest order.

Maybe this is why we haven't made any offer 

Archived