onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

17 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Don't recall that, when did he swap over.

He didn't Jean(he may have swapped to cover for a minute or two but our Ern is moving the posts on what he first stated),he makes stuff up and chats <ovf censored>,like now saying the statement was he played on the wing when he said right wing,he is just a knob with NO knowledge of football,showed up again by saying Hurst didn't do much yet many/most were very impressed with him Saturday

Advert

35 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

This thread has gone a bit off topic....(Dodds played over 300 games for Port Vale and scored over 50 goals for the club)

Anyway it seems that the trialists have been at the club for weeks and have played in most pre-season games and must

therefore at this stage be thought of as possible signings.

Askey had said a goalkeeper,right back and winger were needed and therefore Madison,Cummings and Brown could

get offers as all have done well and furthermore Askey is interested in Hurst....not sure about Thomas as Askey already

has three strikers on the books for that one central striker role.

GK Brown/Madison

RB Gibbons/Cummings

CB Legge/Smith/Kennedy/Rawlinson

LB Crookes/Montano/Hurst

RM Oyeleke/Burgess

CM Joyce/Conlon

LM Lloyd/Trickett-Smith

RW Worrall/Brown

CF Pope/Cullen/Bennett

LW Amoo/Whitfield

So a squad of 24 senior professionals which could perhaps be rounded up to 25 with Durrell the cherry on the cake.....then again consistent with the reasoning above Thomas to complete a small but perfectly formed 25 man squad and perhaps Durrell  was never on the radar afterall.

Pretty solid squad in my view. A couple of players who are versatile and can play in a couple of roles in the seemingly preferred 4-3-3.  All in all, I think we've done some really good business. Time will tell obviously, but it feels like this is probably the strongest squad we've had over the past 3 seasons.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

He didn't Jean(he may have swapped to cover for a minute or two but our Ern is moving the posts on what he first stated),he makes stuff up and chats <ovf censored>,like now saying the statement was he played on the wing when he said right wing,he is just a knob with NO knowledge of football,showed up again by saying Hurst didn't do much yet many/most were very impressed with him Saturday

Don’t be a knob it was quoted that he has NEVER played on the wing or tha same position as Dodds

Crookes played exclusively at left back last season although granted the defender can play centre back as in left side of a back three and is more of a defender than an attacking wing back but having been at Forest the lad will be well coached and mobile  with an understanding of the game and technical ability.

Montano has played his best games for the club at left back and is obviously more of an attacking full back with plenty of pace    and crossing ability....seems to see the game better from left back and coming from deeper gets a good run at the opposition      and can be a game changer even from left back when fit and on his game....Montano is also decent in the air and quite combative but also obviously can play on the left wing.

Hurst is versatile sometime left side midfielder who has been playing at left back and might find a home there and is probably a wise signing as cover given Montano has a patchy fitness record....not to forget Lloyd can and has also played left back.

So Crookes and Hurst are young and have been playing left back and may have a career at left back while Montano has played better at left back than left wing and it might be the best bet for regular football for Montano.... Monatano and Amoo down the left together would be seriously quick.

That is not to forget Lloyd who Askey trusts and has used at left back before and last but not least Campbell-Gordon so highly rated the lad got an unheard of two year deal.

Obviously right back would be Gibbons with probably Cummings and as cover Rawlinson can play right back as can Kennedy  and did not Oyeleke start out as a right back.

So in a way can it be said that none are left backs when Crookes and Hurst have been playing left back and the manager seems to see them as left backs and has brought them to the club seemingly to play left back and have a career as a left back  but more importantly a fit on his game Montano is an asset to the side and seems to play better at left back than left wing and  with Amoo first choice then the best chance of start is left back.

Lots of competition for places and options and cover is a good thing.

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

Don’t be a knob it was quoted that he has NEVER played on the wing or tha same position as Dodds

I am on about what you said clown boy not what someone else said...anyway carry on making yourself look a twonk on football matters....

Getting back to the thread, are we not short still in midfield? 

Last year I was worried where the goals would come from if Pope was out long term. We look better equipped in attack now.

But what if Oyeleke was out for 6 weeks?  Who takes his place?  Are we not lightweight without him playing as we were last year when he was missing?

1 minute ago, TheSage said:

Getting back to the thread, are we not short still in midfield? 

Last year I was worried where the goals would come from if Pope was out long term. We look better equipped in attack now.

But what if Oyeleke was out for 6 weeks?  Who takes his place?  Are we not lightweight without him playing as we were last year when he was missing?

We've got Manny, Joyce, Conlon and Burgess competing for places in the middle of the park and Ryan Lloyd as a utility midfielder/defender. I think we'll be ok there. 

I agree we don't need centre mid unless it's a loan cover / backup. I'd like to see more wide options. For the last couple of seasons we've played a flat 4 or 5in midfield without out and out wide players. 

Durrell is the one for me 😍😍

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

You are not so bright yourself.

Funny lad....in the head mind,still crack on flower I like watching you come across as a total dipshit

From someone who was a decent poster and has then for whatever reason decided,wait I can get attention on myself by being a clueless idiot,sorry if that offends any idiots by the way,doing a great job though I like it

Archived