onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I wonder if Whitfield will leave this week... I also wonder whether Askey knows a deal is close and has speaking to Durrell asking him to hold fire from going anywhere else?

I think it's more likely he'll sign Browne if he goes and probably have the funds for the lad from Bradford PA. Anything is possible though.

Advert

I must admit we have improved the team with Bennett,Cullen and Amoo who should help us on the goals scored total.

Just need a couple of decent signings at full back and midfield in case Manny gets injured again.

Plus I hope Sir John has a couple of good loan signings he can recommend.

If Whitfield leaves I think we’re probably a winger light, and with Brown previously playing for Yeovil and Macc, I wouldn’t imagine he would be asking for mega money, so makes sense for me to sign him. Been impressed with Cummings and see him as good competition for Gibbons, and gives us experience. Would like to see the goalie on trial tested on Wednesday night, so we can put the trials to bed one way or the other, giving us a couple of free weeks to get the squads fitness fine tuned and to sort our starting XI

13 minutes ago, Bradwell Exile said:

If Whitfield leaves I think we’re probably a winger light, and with Brown previously playing for Yeovil and Macc, I wouldn’t imagine he would be asking for mega money, so makes sense for me to sign him. Been impressed with Cummings and see him as good competition for Gibbons, and gives us experience. Would like to see the goalie on trial tested on Wednesday night, so we can put the trials to bed one way or the other, giving us a couple of free weeks to get the squads fitness fine tuned and to sort our starting XI

Actually Jonny Maddison made a good save on Saturday in a one on one situation.

He is 6ft 5in tall and seems to be good handling the ball.

He is quite vocal and played 10 games for Yeovil in Div2 and 30 games for Darlington last season.

I think he is a better bet than the Kidsgrove keeper last week who might be one for the future.

I see Jonathan Obika is on trial at Stevenage. He's surely too good for them? I always rated him while he was at Swindon - pacey, aggressive and powerful.

"hE oNlY sCoReD 6 gOaLs LaSt SeAsOn". Seems he never settled at Oxford after a great spell in L1 with Swindon (24 goals 89 apps).

I think we're probably done for forwards now which is a shame as he'd have been a good signing for us in L2.

3 hours ago, Bradwell Exile said:

I thought the same about Cummings and then I looked up his playing career, hes only played around 170 games which isn’t many for a 30 year old at all. But I think it’ll come down to  if he’s cheap or not. Same goes for the keeper situation as well, I can’t see us paying mega bucks to an understudy for Brown.

14 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I thought the same about Cummings and then I looked up his playing career, hes only played around 170 games which isn’t many for a 30 year old at all. But I think it’ll come down to  if he’s cheap or not. Same goes for the keeper situation as well, I can’t see us paying mega bucks to an understudy for Brown.

Cummings has played for Jamaica and at a higher level than League 2, 40+ appearances for Millwall a couple of seasons ago. I expect he would be reliable. 

42 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Cummings has played for Jamaica and at a higher level than League 2, 40+ appearances for Millwall a couple of seasons ago. I expect he would be reliable. 

He's made a career at a higher level as a reliable backup. Probably a good pro as Reading wouldn't have kept giving him a contract. There's a lot to be said for being reliable as a defender.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

The point still remains that wherever he’s been he hasn’t played many games. I thought he’d have a load more appearances and consistency under his belt. Does the fact he’s played higher mean that much? I know people get a bit blindsided and excited by a player coming from a higher level whether that’s a loan u23 or a permanent signing, look at Wilson a couple of seasons ago.

9 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

The point still remains that wherever he’s been he hasn’t played many games. I thought he’d have a load more appearances and consistency under his belt. Does the fact he’s played higher mean that much? I know people get a bit blindsided and excited by a player coming from a higher level whether that’s a loan u23 or a permanent signing, look at Wilson a couple of seasons ago.

At his last couple of clubs he's been viewed as defensively solid but not someone who overlaps with his winger. Pretty much what Askey has said a steady not inspiring player.

Archived