onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

19 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Despite what the weird attention seeker  Ernie thinks imo we have got better than who has left...we have resigned Manny,Worrall and Brown(our better players)

Elliot,Turner,Hannant and likely Whitfield replaced with Bennett,Cullen and Amoo I know the 3 I prefer

Kay,Tonge,Pugh have left replaced with a younger Lloyd and Burgess who folk have been impressed with

Bring in a keeper and RB and add maybe Browne then couple of loans and I think we are good to go,i await Ernie coming along quoting me and slating Lloyd again

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Quality not quantity.

The players we have resigned were in the squad last year and only just kept us up.

Hope Askey has got his polish out.

Advert

We've hit rock bottom in the past 2-3 years and been so poor that it's unrealistic to expect a total transformation to the side in one window though we all do!

I agree about the forward line - and that was the main problem for us in the past - so we have to be very pleased about that.

Elsewhere, in an ideal world, we'd have a stronger back four. Currently we are "missing" Clark and Howkins from last April who were arguably better than what we have got at present.

It remains to be seen if any of the younger boys can make the midfield 3-4 but we again look very dependent on Oyeleke, so if he gets injured....

And we don't have much choice if Joyce doesn't play in front of the back four. No Kay to step in any longer.  Are we strong enough in midfield? Are we physically strong enough?

But, on paper, it's certainly a big improvement in the attacking third, and the hope is that a smaller, tighter knit squad can benefit us.

Ideally I'd like us to sign a strong right sided defender, a defensive midfielder as well as a goal-scoring creative ten, and a reserve keeper. Two of those are on our radar and if BW and/or CR leave that will free up another place, plus a loan player perhaps, and hey-presto the jigsaw comes together!!

On paper we are no longer as dependent on a fit Tom Pope and have more pace on the wings, so all good.

But if Oyeleke is out are we strong enough in midfield? Physically I worry a little bit because we seem lightweight in midfield to me and lacking a bit of height and strength.

Big, powerful,bustling Colchester will be very testing first one up and we'll find out a lot about the team on the opening day.

But hopefully we still have 2-3 more to come and can strengthen the line up still before the August kick-off.

We all want more and we're never satisfied!

33 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Quality not quantity.

The players we have resigned were in the squad last year and only just kept us up.

Are the ones in your pay packet salted?

24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Getting Vale back on track will be like turning round an ocean liner.  It will happen eventually but don't expect it to turn on a sixpence. 

We were lucky to miss the recent icebergs, steady as we go hopefully.

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

Quality not quantity.

But you want to keep Whitfield?

You don’t half make yourself look daft on here!

5 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Quality not quantity.

The players we resigned were Manny Conlon and Worrall, so you are saying we shouldn’t have resigned them ,but should be keeping Whitfield.

16 minutes ago, aspin for england said:

The players we resigned were Manny Conlon and Worrall, so you are saying we shouldn’t have resigned them ,but should be keeping Whitfield.

Alas we are both hoping for a sensible answer from Ernie. 

Instead he will disappear for a day, ignore the question, have a go at Lloyd and move on with his idiotic comments.

Standard Ernie process!

13 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

But you want to keep Whitfield?

You don’t half make yourself look daft on here!

Don’t be a ********** Whitfield is far better than Lloyd and the other Mac reserves and if he leaves may come back to haunt us.

I think 90% of the supporters would want Whitfield to come on rather than Lethargic Lloyd.

Same with Hannant a grafter who never hid when needed and always gave 100%.

3 hours ago, aspin for england said:

No I am glad we resigned them but they were all here last year and probably better than the Macc reserves we have signed.

We need players who can improve the first team not squad players who are not good enough to play in the first team.

That is wasting the budget Askey has been given when we should be looking to improve the team not moving  the deckchairs on the Titanic.

18 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

No I am glad we resigned them but they were all here last year and probably better than the Macc reserves we have signed.

We need players who can improve the first team not squad players who are not good enough to play in the first team.

That is wasting the budget Askey has been given when we should be looking to improve the team not moving  the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Defensively we did well last year so don't need too much there.

Going forward surely Amoo is better than Hannant, Cullen better than Miller, and Bennett better than Danny Elliot. 

And David Worrall wasn't used for half the season and he was like a new signing when he returned to the team.

Don’t be a ************ Whitfield is far better than Lloyd and the other Mac reserves and if he leaves may come back to haunt us.

I think 90% of the supporters would want Whitfield to come on rather than Lethargic Lloyd.

For the final time.

Lloyd will offer more next season than the following combined;

Hardcastle - 0 games

Pugh - 0 games

Tongue - 0 games

Benns - 0 games

Calverley - 1 game

Whelan - 0 games 

Edsel - 0 games

As you say Ern... quality over quantity!

and given he will be on roughly the same as Hardcastle (or there abouts) the rest represent savings that have helped us get Cullen and Amoo.

Don’t be a ************ Whitfield is far better than Lloyd and the other Mac reserves and if he leaves may come back to haunt us.

And also... said in plain Language and repeated to help you get it.

LLOYD IS NOT WHITFIELDS REPLACEMENT

LLOYS IS NOT WHITFIELDS REPLACEMENT

41 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

442ACD10-14DD-4E62-A007-F99D6F607A72.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

And also... said in plain Language and repeated to help you get it.

LLOYS IS NOT WHITFIELDS REPLACEMENT

I think you are clearly wasting your breath here,the majority on here now know that Ernie knows nothing about football at all FACT

Archived