onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

5 hours ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

I don’t know much about the new players. Do we have cover for Joyce in that holding midfield role?

Interesting question.....the old 4/4/2 with two central midfielders usually had one defensive in a holding role and one attacking

box-to-box 10 goals a season kinda changed somewhat with the advent of 4/2/3/1 whereby the attacking midfielder became

known as a number 10 and the two central midfielders where defensive holding players but in a 4/3/3 that is three central

midfielders and in a sense the duty of care is shared and the three have to be both mobile and organised to do the work of four 

and in an Askey team not only hard working but also must be good footballers....able to not just get around the pitch and press but must also have a good first touch and be able to keep the ball in tight areas and keep the ball moving.....not sure a traditional limited ball winner full back in midfield type works in the system Askey plays.

Askey expects hard work and running and discipline with a high press to win the ball back which is somewhat different from

standing off in a two banks of four inorder to invite pressure and play on the break....also keeping the ball moving and playing

out from the back can break down with an old school limited midfield clogger.

Now it is only speculation but Conlon could perhaps also play the same role as Joyce but with perhaps an expanded passing range as a deep playmaker which would leave Oyeleke on the right with Burgess as cover and Lloyd on the left with Trickett-Smith as cover.

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Where does Trickett-Smith play?

In the latest YouTube interview with Askey, the interviewer says "what about the young striker Trickett-Smith...". I thought he was a centre mid?

He is attacking midfielder who can create things and has a decent free kick,thats of Leek Town fans

Would like to see “ Tricky “ given a run out today ,heard some good things about him off Leek fans. Not been mentioned recently ,but is Durrell still at Macc ,or been signed up by another club. Would be a decent signing , if available, and would be happy for Cummins to fill that RB position too.

1 hour ago, aspin for england said:

Would like to see “ Tricky “ given a run out today ,heard some good things about him off Leek fans. Not been mentioned recently ,but is Durrell still at Macc ,or been signed up by another club. Would be a decent signing , if available, and would be happy for Cummins to fill that RB position too.

Durrell had an offer from Macc, but hasn't accepted it. There is a tweet from his brother slating his treatment by the club. As far as I know he is still unsigned by any other team, and is training alone in a private gym.

Durrell had an offer from Macc, but hasn't accepted it. There is a tweet from his brother slating his treatment by the club. As far as I know he is still unsigned by any other team, and is training alone in a private gym.
Apparently he's on the verge of signing for Oldham

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
6 minutes ago, mikey said:

Apparently he's on the verge of signing for Oldham

Signing Amoo put him off our agenda I think. I'd guess he wanted a 2 year deal and we wanted one due to his recent injury record. I'm sure there was a point in the summer when we'd have taken him.

23 hours ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Interesting question.....the old 4/4/2 with two central midfielders usually had one defensive in a holding role and one attacking

box-to-box 10 goals a season kinda changed somewhat with the advent of 4/2/3/1 whereby the attacking midfielder became

known as a number 10 and the two central midfielders where defensive holding players but in a 4/3/3 that is three central

midfielders and in a sense the duty of care is shared and the three have to be both mobile and organised to do the work of four 

and in an Askey team not only hard working but also must be good footballers....able to not just get around the pitch and press but must also have a good first touch and be able to keep the ball in tight areas and keep the ball moving.....not sure a traditional limited ball winner full back in midfield type works in the system Askey plays.

Askey expects hard work and running and discipline with a high press to win the ball back which is somewhat different from

standing off in a two banks of four inorder to invite pressure and play on the break....also keeping the ball moving and playing

out from the back can break down with an old school limited midfield clogger.

Now it is only speculation but Conlon could perhaps also play the same role as Joyce but with perhaps an expanded passing range as a deep playmaker which would leave Oyeleke on the right with Burgess as cover and Lloyd on the left with Trickett-Smith as cover.

Sam Foley would be a decent signing at the right money.

Think there is another 12 months in him.

On 11/07/2019 at 19:17, Guitar Ray said:

As we have Shaun Cummins on trial at RB I would suggest that Campbell-Gordon is probably still considered one for the future.

Cummins did his cause no harm in the Kidsgrove game and it’ll be interesting to see who we have on trial at Leek.

Jack Grimmer played at right back when he was at Vale and give cover for centre back.

Forget about Clark he must have Whitfield’s old agent.

5 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Jack Grimmer played at right back when he was at Vale and give cover for centre back.

Forget about Clark he must have Whitfield’s old agent.

Cummings played well again today and showed good understanding when linking up with Amoo. I’d say he’ll be more than adequate cover/competition for Gibbo.  I wouldn’t expect him to cover at CH tho.  TBF we’ve got numbers in that position with Smith, Legge, Rawlinson, Kennedy and Crookes.

Archived