onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

11 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but latest Twitter talk is that Mitch Clark is on trial / training at Leicester.  Clarke himself has already alluded to he fact that he’s training with a club, without specifying which.

When did Vale move to the King Power???

24 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but latest Twitter talk is that Mitch Clark is on trial / training at Leicester.  Clarke himself has already alluded to he fact that he’s training with a club, without specifying which.

Perhaps he has designs on becoming the new Joe Davis ? 

37 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Personally I think all the talk about where he was going to (Germany and clubs in a higher division) was all agent talk to try and drum up more interest and hike the price up. He isn’t that good, and other than money why waste your time going to play u23 football?  They already know we are interested and are a fall back option when all else fails. I thought the same of Crookes too when Sproson was saying there was more clubs after him, just agent talk IMO.

Don’t be surprised to see him holding a Vale shirt up and saying we were always his first choice club at heart before the season starts. 

As we have Shaun Cummins on trial at RB I would suggest that Campbell-Gordon is probably still considered one for the future.

Cummins did his cause no harm in the Kidsgrove game and it’ll be interesting to see who we have on trial at Leek.

Campbell-Gordon is a left back mate

11 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Essentially this, they often battered teams but couldn't put it in the onion bag, look at our 1-0 defeat for example, we were robbed a draw by a poor linesman but we were battered at times by their front three, Clark was torn to pieces.

True I went to the game at Cambridge and we deserved a draw on balance, after the 3 lads up front their goalie Mitov I think it is? was their best player, but they also gave us the run around at times going forward.  Having said that they were one of the poorest sides I saw at VP on the opening day(I probably only saw Yeovil who were worse), and their record away generally was piss poor baring the odd result.  We shouldn't particularly be trying to emulate a side who finished below us though as we were hardly any better, 46 games don't lie and Cambridge finished in the bottom 6 for a reason. 

I do like Amoo as a signing though, I thought he was decent at Carlisle a few years ago and hopefully in a better side he can thrive, we shall see.

Apparently we are looking at Kidsgroves goalkeeper now too. I don't think he had that good a game but I guess he's only back up.

Interestingly, the youth team (including trickett-smith) played at Brockton the other night. Due to a lack of second string keeper, Mick Ede played in goals instead!

49 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Apparently we are looking at Kidsgroves goalkeeper now too. I don't think he had that good a game but I guess he's only back up.

Interestingly, the youth team (including trickett-smith) played at Brockton the other night. Due to a lack of second string keeper, Mick Ede played in goals instead!

I can just imagine one poster on here internally combusting at that news 🚑

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Apparently we are looking at Kidsgroves goalkeeper now too. I don't think he had that good a game but I guess he's only back up

I thought he made some fantastic saves and kept the score from being 5 or 6. I said at the game that I wouldn't be surprised if we gave him a trial after his performance. 

I was far more impressed with him than the lad we had on the second half.

7 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

I thought he made some fantastic saves and kept the score from being 5 or 6. I said at the game that I wouldn't be surprised if we gave him a trial after his performance. 

I was far more impressed with him than the lad we had on the second half.

Hes actually already been up the Vale last season on trial with us. Hes a very good goalkeeper and equally as good as some young lads who are playing as back up in leagues 1 and 2.

Im happy for him to be looked at again. Scott Brown also rates him highly from the time he trained with us last season.

6 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Hes actually already been up the Vale last season on trial with us. Hes a very good goalkeeper and equally as good as some young lads who are playing as back up in leagues 1 and 2.

Im happy for him to be looked at again. Scott Brown also rates him highly from the time he trained with us last season.

Give him or someone else, a chance to impress for 12 months working with full time coaching and professionals. Theres not much sense having a no 1 goalkeeper sat on the bench for a whole season

If we have a major issue with Brown and he isnt ready then there is the loan market.

Archived