onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

At the end of the day it sounds like a really good work out.

If they brought on better and fresher players then they should finish the stronger if we kept most our ours on for the final hour.

It's really about fitness and trying out things.

No Pope, Whitfield or Monty?

15 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Was he playing.

Is he Askey,s love child?

With this comment I have no doubt at all that you didn't go on Saturday so have no real idea how he played,ONE person has said he was poor and that's you,you really are making yourself look a right cock

11 hours ago, JRC said:

Given Askey's preference for a front 3 and he wants to play a pressing game I'd be surprised if Worral isn't on the right first game of the season. Worral, Pope and Cullen would be my guess. I think Askey's take on last year is his best 11 were ok but any injuries and there was a big dip in quality; which I think was a fair enough assessment.

I don't think Pope will be first choice under Askey and will be used a sub

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I don't think Pope will be first choice under Askey and will be used a sub

Oh here we go again. Pope bashing already... Pope will be the first name on the team sheet under plan A. Who you going to put up top instead? Sorry, second. Brown first.

At the end of the day it sounds like a really good work out.
If they brought on better and fresher players then they should finish the stronger if we kept most our ours on for the final hour.
It's really about fitness and trying out things.
No Pope, Whitfield or Monty?

Obviously Monty is injured but why no Whitfield or pope ?? Anyone have any idea ?

Probably because Askey was looking at different ways of playing, & how different players do with each other. Would be counterproductive to keep playing the same players every friendly, especially when we're looking at trialists & new signings. Everybody knows what Pope is about anyway, & there's plenty of opportunity for him to get fit yet. Same with Whitfield, in addition to the fact that Askey has transfer-listed him, so it's not exactly a surprise he's not playing in every game.

It's what friendlies are about, trying things out. I don't think there's any need to read too much into our veteran striker Tom Pope not playing against some U23s.

They trained today as well playing the match didn't they?

Micky Adams-esque pre-season of running them into the ground then making them play a match haha!

Scorelines are irrelevant. I think I only remember 1 pre-season game result ever when we beat Man Utd U23 and got relegated that season!

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

With this comment I have no doubt at all that you didn't go on Saturday so have no real idea how he played,ONE person has said he was poor and that's you,you really are making yourself look a right cock

You are unfortunately wasting your breath.

Ernie has become a parody of himself and has dug a hole for himself where he has to either back down from his ludicrous vendetta or double down and just repeat the same old drivel over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. He has clearly chosen the second option.

He legitimately doesn’t even understand that people don’t dislike his opinion, rather the childish way he can’t communicate it any other way than like a 5 yr old. 

Lost cause I’m afraid! 

5 hours ago, toyahw said:

Oh here we go again. Pope bashing already... Pope will be the first name on the team sheet under plan A. Who you going to put up top instead? Sorry, second. Brown first.

Where exactly was the pope bashing? Just because someone said he dosent think pope will start? That’s now pope bashing. Come off it. 

I dont think pope will start either under askey, imo Cullen will be the main man and pope used as an impact sub last 30 mins 

Archived