onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

Sam Foley played 36 league games for Northampton last season.

Ryan Lloyd 13 for Macc.

If we can get him on a reasonable wage no contest.

If anyone else had suggested the above I would have to agree, sadly you then have to revert to type, or should that read tripe....

6 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Was he playing.

Is he Askey,s love child?

If you’re going to put bait out there at least make it good bait. 😉

The Durrell boat has sailed as there is little doubt we were interested in him and Ammoo earlier in the window. I suspect both were holding out for more than we are offering. Interesting we are still holding onto Browne so I'd guess Askey has been impressed.

Given Askey likes to go 433 Foley would give us better options as the centre of a midfield 3. At the moment it's Joyce or Oyeleke but the latter is better on the right of the 3 where he can push forward a bit more. He's also pretty versatile and has played centreforward. If he still has the legs he'd be a decent signing dependent on wages. Odd decision by Northampton to replace him with Lines as they are both the same age and for us I always felt Foley was the better player.

15 hours ago, TylerB said:

If you genuinely think he will have been signed to be used as a sub you need to go easy on whatever you're smoking! 

He will be one of the first names on the team sheet if fit. 

Given Askey's preference for a front 3 and he wants to play a pressing game I'd be surprised if Worral isn't on the right first game of the season. Worral, Pope and Cullen would be my guess. I think Askey's take on last year is his best 11 were ok but any injuries and there was a big dip in quality; which I think was a fair enough assessment.

According to UV we have taken goalkeeper Daniel Gyollai on trial. He was Stokes under 23 keeper last year.

Some facts:

He is listed as being 6ft 5 (but we know online heights can be unreliable)

He is 22

He has been with Stoke from schoolboy age so knows the area

He didn’t play when we tonked them in the cup

The comments on his “leaving” message on Twitter are positive with some saying they thought he could push for the first team if he stayed around.

According to UV we have taken goalkeeper Daniel Gyollai on trial. He was Stokes under 23 keeper last year.
Some facts:
He is 22
The comments on his “leaving” message on Twitter are positive with some saying they thought he could push for the first team if he stayed around.

Sounds like a good fit. Decent pedigree, been in an academy at a good level and local.

Hopefully he can come in and learn from browny

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Some facts:

He is 22

Yes he was there yesterday at training, absolute unit as is Maddison. 

I reckon either of those will be the understudy to Brown, young and hungry to prove themselves. 

All down to which one impresses Askey the most 

Starting 11 at Nottingham Forest today:

Brown, gibbo, Legge, Smith, Campbell-Gordon, Amol, Oyeleke, Joyce, Conlon, Trialist, Cullen

Trialist is being reported by Mike baggerley as Alex Hurst of Bradford Park Avenue. Not much about him online but looks to be and 19 year old winger who was on the books at Crewe and played for Matlock before BPA.

Games currently 2-0 to vale Amoo crossing to Oyeleke to score the first and Cullen for the 2nd.

Looking at the second 11 line up, we massively weakened compared to the first 11. Whereas they appeared to strengthen including having Zac Clough on who scored the 2nd. We also swapped goalies half way through the last third to what I can only assume is the ex-Stoke goalie.

9 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Well, well, well.

It finishes 4-3 to the Vale!

Seems like we had a better team out in the first third than in the last.

Forest played their best 11 for second 35 minutes.

Archived