onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

2 hours ago, Emile said:

I'm no expert but my understanding was that if a club hadn't paid wages by a certain time the players contracts became void and they were available to sign for another club on a free?If thats the case there should be some good players that could be pinched but nobody seems to be leaving? 

It seams that there are only 6 players who have either already left the club or didn’t feature in the team so they will probably be hoping they will leave anyway.

10 hours ago, Emile said:

What about Bury and Bolton players? More emphasis on the former than the latter as Bolton seem to be getting back on track.

Bury players have been pretty much all carved up by Plymouth and other sides. Will be literally their kids lining up on the opening day unless they sort their off field issues quickly. 

On 7/5/2019 at 9:43 PM, Erniemossrules said:

There will always be numpties like you with their rose tinted glasses on thinking Askey can polish a turd.Three of the new signings even Askey let go to a lower level but now you think he will turn them into world beaters.

Thinking players are no good and talking rubbish are two different things. Burgess was a loan player from Bury who returned to his parent club. Kennedy left for Shrewsbury. Lloyd was released by Campbell, possibly, or the chairman at Macclesfield as Campbell only had a contract until the end of the season. None of them was ever released by Askey.

45 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

I’d certainly be looking at Jack Grimmer if he’s available.

There are a couple of decent fullbacks still available. Its whether they'll sign for what we will pay at the point in the window. Cullen will have taken a fair chunk of the wages budget. Askey seems to be hoping that he can pick up a couple of players at the end of the annual merry-go-round of this type of quality within our budget. Teams like Morecombe survive of picking up players this way most seasons.

3 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

He hasn’t played for Macc reserves.

I will say again up to maybe a few months ago I used to enjoy reading what you posted,now it is just tedious,your endless digs are boring,i see you haven't commented on Lloyd for yesterday,maybe because it was only Kidsgrove then it was only Fleetwood then only Burnley then only Colchester,there is no way you would admit your one man vendetta against him was wrong if he does well this season,i was no way impressed with signing him but he is now a Vale player and so I will back him.... if we sign anymore players who played for Macc then fair enough if it improves our league position this season,you are just becoming pathetic now

4 hours ago, Vital Spark said:

I’d certainly be looking at Jack Grimmer if he’s available.

That's a good shout. There are plenty of players still out there who would improve the team, and he is definitely in that category.

Askey is after a goalkeeper a right back and a winger so given the trialists that could well be Madison as back up keeper

and Cummings as right back cover and Brown the winger but is also is looking at Thomas.

Askey has also said they play against Forest under 23 and there are three or four players of interest with a view to a couple of possible loans maybe.....however that said if the four trialist sign then that is already a squad of 23 senior professionals plus the three

first year kids out of the youth team.

Anyway after such speculation the known facts are that Askey plays 4/3/3 and likes a small squad and Durrell is still available. 

Archived